Month-Day-Year or Day-Month-Year?

SWL

As far as I can remember, it has always been 12-22-14 (month-day-year).

Now, I'm seeing more and more 22-12-2014 (day-month-year)...including this site.

What's up with that? Has it been proven to be better one way vs. the other? Have I been living under a rock? :P

I think iv invested quite enough over the years in their Commie plot to convert a system that has won wars, fk the world, is it not enough to ask them to leave me alone after ending up with yet another full snap-on tool box just so im prepared for whatever comes my way ?

In my younger days one of my a buds was under his car, drive shaft work I believe, hey mark pass me an 11MM, I gave him his cresent wrench......

• Like 3

I think iv invested quite enough over the years in their Commie plot to convert a system that has won wars, fk the world, is it not enough to ask them to leave me alone after ending up with yet another full snap-on tool box just so im prepared for whatever comes my way ?

In my younger days one of my a buds was under his car, drive shaft work I believe, hey mark pass me an 11MM, I gave him his cresent wrench......

But it was a metric crescent wrench.....I have a pair of metric vise grips also

• Like 1

But it was a metric crescent wrench.....I have a pair of metric vise grips also

In my world, I will buy NO MORE HAND TOOLS! a 40+ years collection is quite enough, channel locks work well too......

• Like 1

Americans follow NO ONE, when we are confronted by a challenge we kick azz and take names, pizzis of the world at large because we did not even exist 200+ years ago.

As a kid i learned a true American never reads the instructions first, we consult them when something does not seem to jive. (more fun that way too.)

• Like 1

Americans follow NO ONE, when we are confronted by a challenge we kick azz and take names, pizzis of the world at large because we did not even exist 200+ years ago.

Apparently you haven't been keeping up with things. We now bow to other heads of state, make idle threats with no action and apologies for our transgressions.

• Like 3

Your exactly right and it's very sad.

What is sad is that probably 1 out of 50,000 of the general population of the US could actually read a tape measure on an 1/8" scale.........on a 1/16th scale...yeah, we can forget that.

YYYY-MM-DD for me.

The imperial system is absolutely stupid. It's pure ignorance to find American Pride on that system. That said, the historical precedent and cost to change to metric is certainly understandable, but it should be seen as a compromise....not the foundation of some foolish "manly-man" image.

• Like 1

Apparently you haven't been keeping up with things. We now bow to other heads of state, make idle threats with no action and apologies for our transgressions.

This is only because of the POS who is residing in the WH currently.

One more time in before the lock. Clearly it is only because of this. It never happened before. George Washington was right, but no one has acted thusly since. Go ahead, worry about it. Nothing you think will change anything anyway.

• Like 1