New RF7ii

Alain C

Hey to all,
Well It has happend I pulled the trigger and my new RF7ii's came tuesday. I got such a great deal from Mike at Acoustic Sound Design. He made this happen. I could not have aforded these without his help. (great deal)
Now I know why you guy's rave about them. Don't get me wrong my KLF20's were no slouch. I have had many people over to watch movies and most say It's the best home theater they have ever heard. Wait till they hear my RF7ii. It's a whole new level. 0db effortlessly, and so clean. Now I have so many movies to re-watch.
Here is a picture of my home theater.

rf_7ii.jpg

• Like 3

Ricktate,

RS 41's I need better. but that will have to wait. Its beanie weenies for a while. but its a good sacrifice.

Totalcomfort,

the system is bi-amped. Marantz 6005 for the topend (110 watts) Crown XLS1000 for the bottom (215 watts). Plenty of power. I still can't get over how clean the sound is. It's like there's space between the sounds.

I'm going to dinner and will rent a redbox on the way home.

awesome... great choice, even if you have to enjoy beanies and weenies for a while.

let me ask, do you get any volume bias since your speakers are set up asymmetrically in relationship to the center/monitor position?

Thanks
reference_head, eaux, USNRET, beeker, Kman, I will enjoy them for a long time to come.
Tasdom,
Back in 1976 I heard a set of K-horns at Imperial sounds in Tulsa Oklahoma. And i never forgot. I ended up with the Macintosh C-28 preamp and the Crown DC300A That was demoed at the same time. and used that setup with my KLF 20 for 10 or so years. I had to let Mac pre go when I got into home theater about 5 years ago. Thats my history with Klipsch.
derrickdj1,
Thats the SVS PB 12NSD That you guy's helped me get last year. (which I love.) If you mean the gear list at the end of each post. Yes I will do that soon.
Schu,
If you mean because everything is not exactly in the center. Due to space that is just the way it has to be. It's kind of like listining to a bootleg your ear just gets toned to it. If it's a good movie and good sound next thing you know its peripheral to peripheral and time flys away.

that's cool... I suppose you could always raise or lower gain in one or the other channel to even it out.

you're going to love that set up for years to come. No need to upgrade.

Edited by Schu

Ricktate,

RS 41's I need better. but that will have to wait. Its beanie weenies for a while. but its a good sacrifice.

Totalcomfort,

the system is bi-amped. Marantz 6005 for the topend (110 watts) Crown XLS1000 for the bottom (215 watts). Plenty of power. I still can't get over how clean the sound is. It's like there's space between the sounds.

I'm going to dinner and will rent a redbox on the way home.

I feel the same way. Very clean with space between different sounds. Its a great set of speakers :D:emotion-21: