Let me tell you a story 'bout last night

USNRET

• Moderators

It can happen anywhere, could care less about our stuff, but family is a different thing. Had guns all my life and have never pointed one at a person, it would be a last resort.

That doorbell problem could be a little scary, especially when your standing at the door alone and it goes off.

Edited by dtel

A few years back, our neighbors across the hall had a locked back office door with a doorbell. I never knew why they always came to the door until I realized that I had wired a door sensor remote chime in my office and it was on the same frequency. This must have gone on for months. They probably thought I was ringing their doorbell every time I came into the office. :) As soon as I found out what was happening, I changed the code on the door sensor and the chime. Simple DIP switches.

Here is what I show robbers:

When I worked in Maine, gun collecting was almost a religion. It was a three year obsession. I collected a full set of Sig Sauers, a fairly complete set of Glocks, a Blackhawk, a Redhawk, two Browning match Pistols (.22), Colt Delta Elite matched set (.45 and .40), a few random .22, 357 and 44 magnums. They have never been fired and have sat in temperature and humidity controlled storage since 1995. My obsession with rifles was just as bad. So audio is a much more economical hobby.

Edited by eth2

I collected a full set of Sig Sauers, a fairly complete set of Glocks, a Blackhawk, a Redhawk, two Browning match Pistols (.22), Colt Delta Elite matched set (.45 and .40), a few random .22, 357 and 44 magnums. They have sat in temperature and humidity controlled storage since 1995. My obsession with rifles was just as bad.

And you probably never shot any of them either :(

I collected a full set of Sig Sauers, a fairly complete set of Glocks, a Blackhawk, a Redhawk, two Browning match Pistols (.22), Colt Delta Elite matched set (.45 and .40), a few random .22, 357 and 44 magnums. They have sat in temperature and humidity controlled storage since 1995. My obsession with rifles was just as bad.

Not a one. Although I did practice with just two, a custom .45 and a .22 (neither of which is listed above).

A few years back, our neighbors across the hall had a locked back office door with a doorbell. I never knew why they always came to the door until I realized that I had wired a door sensor remote chime in my office and it was on the same frequency. This must have gone on for months. They probably thought I was ringing their doorbell every time I came into the office. :) As soon as I found out what was happening, I changed the code on the door sensor and the chime. Simple DIP switches.

Here is what I show robbers:

The exact same thing happened to us and our neighbor but they were across the street and the range was still close enough to set ours off! I had the same resolve once we figured out what was going on.

Not a one. Although I did practice with just two, a custom .45 and a .22 (neither of which is listed above).

I'm surprised you hook your speakers up :lol:

• Like 2

Hope it wasn't these guys waking you up -- Brian May and a stack of AC-30s tend to get a bit loud. This is my view of Queens "Pre-Tour" show last night. (Another reason I love Los Angeles) The tour officially opens up Thursday night in Chicago.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1

Family was out of town one night and I was studying for nursing school when I received a phone call.

The caller said "We know who you are and we know what you are. We're coming to get you.

1st thought was it's a prank call. None the less I got the AK-47 out and put a 75 round drum in it. I got all my 30 round magazines out, then I called the police.

The lady asked if I wanted extra patrols in my neighbor hood. I told her that was up to the police, whatever they wanted to do. She then asked if I would like on officer to come to my door. I stated not really, but if they did it would probably be wise to call first.

She asked if there was anything she could do to help? I asked the lady to please make sure it was documented so if anything did happen there would be a paper trail.

I then sat with my rifle and enough ammo to last for quite a while, and went back to studying.

Never heard any more about it. But the one time I called the police after that, they arrived in about 2 minutes and took the situation in hand, Which is much faster then the usual response time.

Found a pic of my Benelli in another thread.DSC_0179.JPG Don't know why the pic is so small.

I like my Benelli. It's fast and works great for killing mice in the chicken coop. Among other things, like rabbits and home invaders. And yes I have had home invaders before.