New Klipsch REFERENCE Speakers (link)

Sancho Panza

it was ol' schwa-ster that busted out "ad hominem", not me. :P

Scrappy, don't feel bad. I had to look that one up too the first time I saw it used about a year ago over on the AVS Forum. I've been champing at the bit ever since then to use it. :)

• Administrators

Guys, nobody is asking more about our ongoing arm wrestling tournament between the klipsch marketing and engineering teams. This is the real tragedy of this thread.

Just because the marketing guys spent a lot of "time and effort" to come up with this new tiering strategy doesn't mean we don't appreciate it or shouldn't question it.

Well within your right. However I should point out this was a company decision, not just something we goons in the marketing dept dreamed up one lazy afternoon between arm-wrestling the engineering department, napping, and playing tiddly-winks..

This is really important point that Chad made. Decisions like this are made concurrently with the sales teams, retail partners, executives, etc.

It has been really interesting to work here. An eye-opener in many regards. People have certain stereotypes of what a marketing department does and doesn't do. A lot of those stereotypes don't apply here.

Hey guys,

New here, but ready to jump into the Klipsch brand. I was getting ready to buy some RF-82's, RC-62, etc... and saw the new lineup released today. Any realistic timeline for when the replacement higher end Reference stuff will release? Just curious how long I should expect to wait.

-Kyle

Hey guys,

New here, but ready to jump into the Klipsch brand. I was getting ready to buy some RF-82's, RC-62, etc... and saw the new lineup released today. Any realistic timeline for when the replacement higher end Reference stuff will release? Just curious how long I should expect to wait.

-Kyle

Earlier in the thread Amy (former "Forum Queen") said that the replacements for the current Reference II line would appear in 2015.

Edited by Schwa

Ok. Klipsch website has been updated today with the low-end Reference line.

The low-end Icon/Synergy look-alike with copper tone is called Reference Series.

The existing Reference Gen IV or Mk II is now called Reference II Series.

At least there is a well-defined distinction between the two immensely different product lines.

This is starting to resemble the Emotiva forum and that is not good.

How so?

Klipsch bashing. Some of the guys on the Emo forum are relentless to the brand they so love.

Bashing may be a little over stated but not a lot of "niceties" being said.

Bill