Build me a subwoofer on Parts Express..

K5SS

for that Money, you could find an approved builder of the Tuba. there is at least one around these parts that i know of.

I'm guessing he doesn't want a 3'x3'x2' box sitting in his room. I'm building a THT right now, and man is it big.

Could be worse...how about a klipsch KPT1802. now thats taking up some real estate, trust me...its bigger in my living room than i thought.

Big Subs are better.

Edited by Turbox

Jealous? I don't think so. Like most people, I just don't want to live with a bunch of refrigerator sized speakers in the house.

K5SS: I'm with you on keeping the volume down. No reason to got to bed with your ears ringing LOL. Have some fun and do a 15" kit from PE. I bet you would be happy with it.

I hate to tell you but your gonna have a hard topping a rythmik on a budget. Cause they use a top notch driver and cabinet built specifically for that driver as well as their servo system.

Like many have told you unless your going HUGE cabinet or huge woofers, diy is hard to beat the top shelf internet direct subwoofers.

Easy to beat companies like JL and paradigm? Sure there subs are 3k+. Easy. But rythmik 15 at 1300? A pair of sealed 18's will have a slight advantage on it. Until below the tune then the sealed will leave it in the dust.

Now if you got space for something like a mini Marty with a si18 now your talking about being on Svs PB-13 ultra for around 7-900 depending on amp used.

The Rythmik out performs the SVS PB-Ultra down low. Maybe I am just chasing a impossible goal like usual. I really do appreciate the input guys!

I'll check out the mini Marty but my guess is it isn't mini, haha.

Scrappy lives on the heavy hitters side of town. He enjoys big/powerful subs, nothing wrong with that. Most people though, just don't want to give up the real estate for two 18" subs. If you are like me then you want a smaller sub. As always, it's about compromises. I use a 12" Klipsch sub and I'm real happy with that. Let's face it, a 12" or 15" sub and a 500watt plate amp kit from PE will do more than what 99% of folks will ever want or need.

Not 99% of the people on this forum :)

Probably not half on this forum, biggest limiting factors are budget and if you gave your gonads to her!

Roger

I meant more than 1%. He had said that 99% would be fine and I was saying not 99% here.

I was agreeing with you.

Roger

Lol my bad :D

The Rythmik out performs the SVS PB-Ultra down low. Maybe I am just chasing a impossible goal like usual. I really do appreciate the input guys!

I'll check out the mini Marty but my guess is it isn't mini, haha.

i believe it had much more distortion though. Can't remember where I saw that graph. Think bill posted it. Svs is much cleaner according to the graph. Never heard one though only had dual ultras for a while.

At high level like explosions, are you really going to hear that distortion. Lower a sub by 1-2 db can lower distortion on those graphs by 30%. Database.com/CEA allows for a fairly high distortion because you will not notice it in everyday use.

Like the title says. Build me a subwoofer on parts express..

I own no saws or abilities to build a subwoofer true DIY style so I would like to know what you would build if you were me?

Requirements:

15" or under woofer

$800 or under

Prefer not to deal with painting or finishing

I am buying a house within the next year so I don't know the actual room size. I could even up my budget if duals are preferred (love symmetry).

Let's hear the opinions from people that know more than me!

I researched this very same scenario and came up with...

Since a single was $800 I took advantage of their 'Go Dual' deal; $1499 for a pair.

Great subs!

post-28997-0-08720000-1405439357_thumb.j

• Like 1