Oops!...I did it...

Khornukopia

Hendrix covering "Sugar, Sugar" by The Archies

Watched a documentary called "Making the Monkees, "Sugar Sugar was the song that ended them.  Heard Mike Nesmith drew the line with Don Kirshner and wouldn't do that song.  Kirshner then formed The Archies.  I think Mike Nesmith's was right, actually he wrote his best song while doing The Monkees tv show ... Different Drum, which he later let Linda Rondstat record with the Stone Poneys.

Edited by BigStewMan

Ya know, at the end of the day, it's what you enjoy. 

God knows there's tons of awful music out there. But if it gets you goin, then let it.

Me? Yes from time-to-time, I've been know to hum a tune or two from the most bubblelicous group in creation:

The Beatles

I feel nauseous afterwards, but in the moment, it's fun!

• Like 1

I went to the Britney Spears concert. The show was spectacular, her band was excellent and the 100,000 watt audio system was truly amazing.

I think the pictures I posted a while back were Better, Classier, and a far sight more Fun to Look at.   :D 

Oh well, I can't get away with everything.   :unsure:

I went to the Britney Spears concert. The show was spectacular, her band was excellent and the 100,000 watt audio system was truly amazing.

It’s great that you enjoyed the show.  Many years ago I belonged to a concert club where we had first shot at buying seats and took my girlfriend and her best friend and best friend’s boyfriend to see Madonna. Toward the end of the show Madonna threw her panties out into the crowd.  The funny part was that the person that caught them threw them back up on stage. Yep, my girlfriend didn't want to keep them and she sure didn't want to give them to me.   :emotion-41:

"What has Britney done with her life?"

In many respects Brittney seems to lead a rather sad life if you ask me.

She sure seems to be the Queen of bad press and it is rather sad how her life has turned out.  I’ve read that she has been diagnosed as bipolar.  Bipolar can nudge a person to doing exceedingly stupid things such as driving with a baby in the front seat of the car, marrying people without even knowing them, and just doing a lot of unappealing things.  The only difference here is that she is in the public spot light. 

A bipolar person has difficulty dealing with stress and little things that wouldn’t bother normal people push the bipolar person over the edge.  My ex is bipolar and I have to give credit to people that can navigate the challenges as I could not.

She did found “The Britney Spears Foundation,” which was a charitable entity set up to help children in need.  I have read that the Foundation supported an annual camp for the performing arts, where campers had the opportunity to explore and develop their talents. In addition, during 2002, the Foundation helped raise funds and gave a grant of $1 million to the Twin Towers Fund to support the children of uniformed service heroes affected by the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.  Recipients included the New York City Fire Department and its Emergency Medical Services Command, the New York City Police Department, and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

Since Britney was put under the conservatorship arrangement in 2008, the Foundation was pretty much dissolved.  They call it being “protected from the outside world.” The conservatorship put her father, Jamie Spears and a group of attorneys in control of her personal and professional affairs and finances.  From what I understand, her Internet and phone use had even been restricted.

In some respects society has taken a person and turned that person into a “product” and being a product, everyone else around her manages the product. She’s told what to do, when to do it.  Somewhat like training a dog, they know how to talk to her and know how to get her to perform.

Ya know, at the end of the day, it's what you enjoy. 

God knows there's tons of awful music out there. But if it gets you goin, then let it.

Me? Yes from time-to-time, I've been know to hum a tune or two from the most bubblelicous group in creation:

The Beatles

I feel nauseous afterwards, but in the moment, it's fun!

The truth comes out after the bash,   Marty is a closet fan of The Beatles  :P