Oops!...I did it...

Khornukopia

I like a Britney Spears song … wait, let me explain.  Several years ago there was a television show where the band INXS was looking for a new singer. During one week of the competition, the contestants were assigned songs to perform--they were free to do a new arrangement.  They were given songs totally unlike what they would normally do. One contestant, Marty Casey was given a Britney Spears song. I was watching the show in a room full of people and thinking to myself, “I like this.” The host of the show, Dave Navarro, said after Marty’s performance, “…i kinda dug it.”   Now, I admit, I will not listen to, nor do i think I would like Ms. Spears version of this song. 

Richard Thompson's version of 'Oops, I did it Again" is memorable. the best line I read was on another forum, "The first time I heard Thompson play it, I nearly drove off the road." Basically the equivalent of Hendrix covering "Sugar, Sugar" by The Archies.