(NFL) Ray Rice's Boxing Career is Over

wvu80

What offends me is the faux outrage by the NFL and the Ravens.  They ALREADY knew he punched her and knocked her out, and that was months ago!  But that didn't bother them.  The Ravens ignored it because Rice can run fast, and the NFL responded to the act by giving Rice a two game suspension; wow, big deal.  So, according to the NFL, problem solved.

The ONLY difference between 2 days ago and now, and the ONLY reason Rice has now been fired from the team and suspended from the NFL is because a VIDEO turned up SHOWING the punch!  It wasn't the ACT of violence that bothered anyone in the NFL, only the video.

What a bunch of hypocrites they all are.  The whole thing stinks.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

Joe called it right on this one, pro sports are way over paid.

The one thing that has always impressed me about all of the pro sports is the fact they will have all the money they ever need, and there are thousands of them.

Looking at the number of them, we really only hear of one or two a year being dirt bags, looking at it that way, they would be cleaner than congress.

Not hard to be cleaner than congress, I suggest looking for a better model of comparison  :D

they say Ray left her unconscious...he didn't leave her...he pulled her out...

I felt like his lifts and subsequent drops made him look much  worse,  Just standing there over a limp body you caused with absolutely no appearance of concern was kind of disturbing, Then to half heatedly lift and drag and drop.................It appeared he only showed concern when he was approached by the guy near the end of the video, He was damb lucky he did not kill her 

I felt like his lifts and subsequent drops made him look much worse, Just standing there over a limp body you caused with absolutely no appearance of concern was kind of disturbing, Then to half heatedly lift and drag and drop.................It appeared he only showed concern when he was approached by the guy near the end of the video, He was damb lucky he did not kill her

While a limp body seems to weigh twice as much as actual, Ray Rice is a 220 pound chunk of muscle that is struggling to get her off the floor.  My bet is that he was intoxicated and really was having a hard time with the task at hand.

**Note**

Intoxicated or not, no excuse ever to do what this man(coward) did to this woman.

Bill

• Like 1

Now Mrs Ray Rice is blaming the media for ruining their lives by taking all their dreams away.

That part is rediculous but an indefinite suspension from the NFL is pretty harsh.  One year suspension and both parties involved mandatory counceling for anger issues and any underlying issues.

Bill

Edited by willland

It's kind of interesting that the private sector feels the need to duplicate the system of prosecution, sentencing and execution.  This routinely is the case.  Take Michael Vick, for example.  Is he a jacka$$ for what he did?  You bet.  But my understanding of the justice system is that "you do the crime; you do the time."  He did his time.  Now, what?  Does society keep beating the man more than the judicial and administrative branches did?  

I have a bit of a problem with society putting more and more barriers to re-integration into normal society after a person did his/her time for being a phukup.

It's kind of interesting that the private sector feels the need to duplicate the system of prosecution, sentencing and execution.  This routinely is the case.  Take Michael Vick, for example.  Is he a jacka$$ for what he did?  You bet.  But my understanding of the justice system is that "you do the crime; you do the time."  He did his time.  Now, what?  Does society keep beating the man more than the judicial and administrative branches did?  

I have a bit of a problem with society putting more and more barriers to re-integration into normal society after a person did his/her time for being a phukup.

I'm not in disagreement with you, however, there appears to be a very large percentage of our population that loaths the criminal that abuses animals; especially dogs.  I think child abuse would also fall into this category.

Additionally, why are folks, it seems, much more willing to forgive "white collar" crimes when they can be so damaging?

• Like 2

Additionally, why are folks, it seems, much more willing to forgive "white collar" crimes when they can be so damaging?

Because it's 0's on paper, separated by commas and decimals.  Not as big a deal.  One interesting phenomenon on a different level is how people measure themselves by declarations written on paper.  "You own this.  You own that.  It is worth this.  It is worth that.  You are rich.  You are poor.  I am happy!  I am ruined!"   All over ink on paper.  Just a thought.... 

Because it's 0's on paper, separated by commas and decimals.  Not as big a deal.  One interesting phenomenon on a different level is how people measure themselves by declarations written on paper.  "You own this.  You own that.  It is worth this.  It is worth that.  You are rich.  You are poor.  I am happy!  I am ruined!"   All over ink on paper.  Just a thought.... 

Excellent points to make...

(Side Bar:  Are we going to suffer all season on the gridiron?)