(NFL) Ray Rice's Boxing Career is Over

wvu80

Ray Rice threw one punch and got a knockout, but It looks like his boxing career is now over.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/08/ray-rice-elevator-knockout-fiancee-takes-crushing-punch-video/

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11489134/baltimore-ravens-cut-ray-rice-new-video-surfaces

Edited by wvu80

She might feel she'd get worse if she didn't.  Hard to put any blame on her.

I can't blame her for him punching her but do blame her and these girls that go after the "bad boys" and then later on realize they can't change them and make them the "nice guy".

Bill 

• Like 3

I'm just amazed that he knocks her out cold with a punch, then she marries the thug. Maybe it's for the money.

Domestic abuse is pretty complex.  It's hard for me to understand the whole picture no matter how much info is provided.

I can't discount the money issue though.  I have a relative who is married to someone who is extremely well off.  There's no physical abuse but it's painfully obvious the controlling that's going on.

• Like 1

Are you sure this is the case here?  What leads you to think that?  Stereotyping?

Maybe I jumped the gun and generalized a bit but I do have close hand experience with similar situations and have been the shoulder to cry on many times.  Only for them to go back and to the toxic environment over and over.

Sorry if I lit a fire, not my intension.

Bill

• Like 3

• Moderators
CECAA850, on 08 Sept 2014 - 2:32 PM, said: have a relative who is married to someone who is extremely well off. There's no physical abuse but it's painfully obvious the controlling that's going on.

I know someone exactly like that, it's sad the way they live for a little security, which they really do not have either.

Edit; almost forgot, hope Ray R he gets everything he deserves, all I can blame her for is being stupid for marring him after this. $

Edited by dtel

A different perspective:  She cancels wedding, gets nothing, maybe presses charges, maybe not.  Maybe gets a settlement since it's on tape.

Or, she goes ahead & marries him, realizes that this has now changed to a short term relationship, divorces him in a couple years and gets half of what he's got.

• Like 1

Yet another shining example of why I boycott pro sports Bunch of overpaid whining etc...etc...etc...

I can hardly bring myself to watch the NBA these days.

I grew up playing sports....big time. Now, so much of what goes on in professional sports is such a turn off to me now. Too many CLOWNS out there. It's a bunch of BS and a disgrace to the sport. However, the athleticism these days is impressive and that is something for kids these days to look up to. Not professional athletes hooked on video games, tweeting etc. etc. Really makes me want to puke.

• Like 1