No heated seats & no power windows

deep3shot

Ever since I was little I loved Impalas.  I probably didn't know why at the beginning but it is because they always have had great lines.  The '59 had the best lines of any car IMHO.  

My first was a canary yellow convertible w/ black top - black interior '64 with a 283 column shift powerglide trans.  I sold it about 25 years ago and have regretted it every day since.  The '68 below has been in my garage for 17 of it's fourty seven years ( sep. 67 build - same year I came off the line ).  It is a 327 w/  a powerglide .  Any other Impala fans out there?  Or what car makes your heart skip a beat?

post-45985-0-17260000-1410289546_thumb.j

Edited by deep3shot
  • Like 2

Lots of people say the jag e type is the most beautiful car ever. I don't see it.

Nitro-  When I was at the University of Illinois I worked at a foreign car parts and service center called Starr Imports.  The owner Phil Starr had both an F and an E type.  I would always detail them for him but he rarely drove them.  He tossed me the keys and told me to drive them if I wanted because he said " I'm too old and gnarly for them to do me any good".  I gladly accepted his invite.  Those are not the cars to go unnoticed in.  Good call on those old Jags. --just saw that you don't see it but I can tell you people will shower you with comments when you drive them.

Edited by deep3shot

No, that bad boy had a 421 under the hood and as an optional 4 speed in the floor and came from factory with dual exhaust. In 1965 it was built as a Catalina option but in 1966 the 2+2 was a car on its own and was no longer connected to the name Catalina. The car was marketed as the big brother to the GTO!

Canadian versions of the car had bigger Chevy motors in them.

My uncle owned this bad machine and I wanted it bad and almost got it too if the damn thing hadn't used a quart of oil every 2 thousand miles LOL. I pleaded with my father for the car and he thought I wasn't ready for the car at 16 years old. I still want one! Can you tell?

$_12.JPG

Edited by JL Sargent
  • Like 1

67 68 Camaro. I actually like the profile of the 69 better but hate those fake vents in front of the rear tire. Smooth those out and that's my favorite body of all time

I remember drooling over the first Z28 I ever saw.

My favorite body styles of all time are the AC Cobra and the 930 Porsche.

• Like 2

My first, 63 Ford Fairlane 500, tan exterior, red leather interior with red metal dash and red steering wheel, all original.  Wow, how I would love to have that car again....oh yea, and bench seats....a real "chick magnet" for sure!!

Edited by jimjimbo
  • Like 1

I love the '69 SS Z/28 my favorite of all time; paid $2800 for a new one with the headers and traction bars in the trunk. In '79 my new Z/28 has an MSRP of $7200 but I only kept it stock for a week before implementing an aluminum 427 with tunnel ram 2x 465 Holleys and nitrous. Second favorite would be the '67 Nova SS; never had one. A stripper offered to buy me one if I moved in with her but I declined (oh, the ways of youth) but did have a '64 Nova SS 283 4 speed that I installed an LT1 350 in. '70 Boss 302 Mustang was nice but since I am NOT a Ford fan it was turned quickly; sold for $700. Fastest owned was a '69 SS Camaro with a Dutch Hoag built 350 and my '66 GTO with Ram Air V 455 after I removed the 389 tri-power.

Edit: Can't believe no one called me on this. My'69 Z/28 had the RS option (hide away headlights), there was no SS Z/28 that I know of.

Edited by USNRET

I love the '69 SS Z/28 my favorite of all time; paid $2800 for a new one with the headers and traction bars in the trunk. In '79 my new Z/28 has an MSRP of $7200 but I only kept it stock for a week before implementing an aluminum 427 with tunnel ram 2x 465 Holleys and nitrous. Second favorite would be the '67 Nova SS; never had one. A stripper offered to buy me one if I moved in with her but I declined (oh, the ways of youth) but did have a '64 Nova SS 283 4 speed that I installed an LT1 350 in. '70 Boss 302 Mustang was nice but since I am NOT a Ford fan it was turned quickly; sold for $700. Fastest owned was a '69 SS Camaro with a Dutch Hoag built 350 and my '66 GTO with Ram Air V 455 after I removed the 389 tri-power.

some of the Nova's were sweet looking cars. Kudos.

No, that bad boy had a 421 under the hood and as an optional 4 speed in the floor and came from factory with dual exhaust. In 1965 it was built as a Catalina option but in 1966 the 2+2 was a car on its own and was no longer connected to the name Catalina. The car was marketed as the big brother to the GTO!

Canadian versions of the car had bigger Chevy motors in them.

My uncle owned this bad machine and I wanted it bad and almost got it too if the damn thing hadn't used a quart of oil every 2 thousand miles LOL. I pleaded with my father for the car and he thought I wasn't ready for the car at 16 years old. I still want one! Can you tell?

$_12.JPG

I can tell for sure.  Maybe it's time for you to go car shopping.

• Like 1

My goodness- I'd have loved to hang around your garage back in the day.  I would be especially interested how that '79 Z28 faired with a aluminum 427 torquing that sub frame.  I bet it made for a wild ride!  Very cool list of the very best of an era.

I love all old cars especially from the 60's and 70's. That Detroit muscle is great. I really like the old Mopars. Back in 1970 my mom and dad was getting a car, we were at the Plymouth dealership. Sitting in the show room was a 1970 Roadrunner Superbird. I was telling my dad that was the car we needed!! Well we left that Superbird there and drove off with our new Fury III 4 door, was a sad day:-(

My dad did buy a 72 Roadrunner in 76 we had it for a few years. I cryed the day we sold that car.

When I moved out I got a 65 Buick Skylark. That was a nice car. Also got a 67 Skylark. That all was 30 years ago. Last summer I snaggeg a nice old 72 Buick Electra 225,drove it all summer. Took it to a few shows then sold it.

Yea old cars & Klipsch "Like em" :-)

• Like 1

Well, I guess from my avatar you and screen name you can guess what I'm into. 1st car was a 1967 fastback mustang GT with a 390 FE in it. I had a 427 low riser dual 4 BBL intake with dual 625cfm competition series carter carbs, hooker headers, Mallory dual point with accel super coil and cherry bombs. I bought that when I was 15. Next I built a 428 CJ. By the time I was 18, I bought a dual 4 BBL 427 FE Ford Hi-Riser like they put in the thunderbolts and by the time I was 20, I bought a 427 SOHC Cammer. I am slowly building an all aluminum Cammer for my 1967 Fastback Mustang GT. I still have the original 390 FE.

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer
  • Like 2

Roger - That's alot of motor for any size car but for your Mustang that is outrageous. Does it hook up?

I run 10.5 Goodyear slicks on the street with Goodyear front runners, I'm also running a nodular case Detroit Locker with 4.40 Gear.

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer