All you Pink Floyd fans . . .

mustang guy

Biggest issue was not knowing how much to drink so you kept drinking till you felt something and by then it was too late.

Had that happen with pot brownies. We made a pan of them, and not knowing it would take awhile for them to hit you, instead of taking a small nibble, I ate about 3- 4x4 squares saying it isn't doing anything,until 45 minutes later when it hit....................pow!! The high is totally different also with them, much much more intense.  All of a sudden I felt a warmth come over me and a big kool aid grin scrolled across my face.

• Like 1

dropped acid on the way to the airport back in the 70s…flew cross-country LITERALLY. I think I read a MAD magazine the entire flight.

That's precisely what I was talking about...weed would have been a better choice.

Anyone else ever experience the instant down from pot when confronted either by law enforcement or a serious situation?  It always happened to me.  I mean, instant total straight.  Not possible with alcohol, but I've experienced this more than once with weed.  First time was when a whole squad of Thai Army entered my hootch and surrounded us in the living room.  Got straight REALLY fast...

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 2

Anyone besides me pre-order the Amused to Death SACD?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F4TKLEW/

I heard the CD version on my new setup and was blown away with the audio quality and mastering it had.  I can't wait to see what they did with more channels!

Roger Waters says that album is completely underrated … do you agree?

I'm sure the creators went through great links to make the audio quality incredible, and they succeeded.  The album really shows off what a CD is capable of.

I might agree about the underrated part if the lyrics weren't so political or if marijuana was legal in my state, but sadly neither are true.

Roger Waters says that album is completely underrated … do you agree?

Edited by etc6849

Well, I made it through one listening and am doing so again this evening.  The Endless River is typical if Pink Floyd in that the recording quality is excellent to say the least, and listening, especially to the first tracks, you get the feeling that it is cobbled together out of pieces influenced by their other albums.  Even a short burst of Stephen Hawking in one track.

Being 99% instrumental it lacks the flow of their other albums, meaning great soundtracks, guitar riffs, and singing, followed by instrumentals that break just at the right time with more singing.  This just kind of chugs along with instrumentals.  A hint of new age music, but it has the Pink Floyd sound. 

That said, holding them to a very high standard because of who they are, it is definately worth the $13 for the CD and it is a hit play and enjoy album.  But Animals, Wish you were here or Dark Side of the Moon it isn't.  And yes, Dark Side is one of their best, just played too much on the radio.  If you never heard it and discovered it you would go crazy over Dark Side. 

I wish they would get back in the studio. 

• Like 1

But Animals, Wish you were here or Dark Side of the Moon it isn't.

I must agree.  Very tough call on this one; but, i give the edge to Dark Side of the Moon -- it just has a presence to it that others don’t have--which is why it gets the nod over Wish You Were Here (In case anyone doesn’t know, Roger Waters said that album should have been named Wish WE were here; because their problems had already caused such a rift). Although, my very favorite Floyd song is Shine on You Crazy Diamond (the entire song) … have played that one in a dark room many times. 

a most informative thread  :mellow2:

Thanks for your input...

Gordon-Ramsay.gif

I smoked weed twice. I ended my reckless bachelor years with a DWI arrest measuring at .204 BAC. the phrase "this can't be good" is mentioned as having been uttered by me as I opened my truck door in three separate police reports regarding the event. ;)

I'd have to say my favorite all time Floyd song is probably Sorrow. Having grown up listening to them I kinda got tired of overplaying the "usuals". 

I order a certain sandwich at Subway that is really good if ordered and made just right.  I am never in the mood for it, but every thime we order it, I love it and say how good it is.  Dark Side is the same way, I never reach for it, but if I do play it, I enjoy it.  FWIW, I am listening to Animals right now.  Different league than the Endless river.  Went through Meddle and a few other last night, but no DOSOTM (even though it really is a masterpiece). 

I ended my reckless bachelor years with a DWI arrest measuring at .204 BAC. the phrase "this can't be good" is mentioned as having been uttered by me as I opened my truck door in three separate police reports regarding the event

Did you wake up strapped to a bed in the hospital?

I ended my reckless bachelor years with a DWI arrest measuring at .204 BAC

Mine was .151 and I wasn't a bachelor, whew that was close.e

I guess baholer must be a word as my spell check didn't pick it up.

Edited by duder1982
  • Like 1