What does your avatar mean

dtel

A brand new aluminum FORD 427 SOHC of mine. They were designed in 1964 to run in NASCAR but got weight penalties applied because they made so much more power than the MOPAR Hemi, that they never ran, so they saw use in the Drag wars of the 60s and Top Fuel as well.

Roger

How was that block related to the 429 that Ohio George Montgomery used?

JJK

My artwork.

JJK

that looks cool...what is it made from?

Top part is Cherry, in between is Walnut, and the bottom is varigated sandstone. The eyes are some kind of foreign orange colored wood.

JJK

like this?

photo-13211.jpg?_r=1413981007 Looks a lot better when enlarged.  I Like It.

• Like 3

A brand new aluminum FORD 427 SOHC of mine. They were designed in 1964 to run in NASCAR but got weight penalties applied because they made so much more power than the MOPAR Hemi, that they never ran, so they saw use in the Drag wars of the 60s and Top Fuel as well.

Roger

JJK

Ohio George ran the 427 SOHC first before Ford made him run the Boss 429. The blocks are as different as a Chevy and an olds, nothing similar what-so-ever. I talked to Connie Kalitta for over 30 minutes in his trailer at the Pontiac nationals, and he said that when FORD came out with the Boss 429 and Ford made him switch from running the Cammer that the best he could do in top fuel with the Boss 429 was 400 horsepower less than he was already making with the Cammer. As a side note, I personally know George and his son, if you know them ask him and he will tell you he knows me.

Roger

Roger

JJK

Ohio George ran the 427 SOHC first before Ford made him run the Boss 429. The blocks are as different as a Chevy and an olds, nothing similar what-so-ever. I talked to Connie Kalitta for over 30 minutes in his trailer at the Pontiac nationals, and he said that when FORD came out with the Boss 429 and Ford made him switch from running the Cammer that the best he could do in top fuel with the Boss 429 was 400 horsepower less than he was already making with the Cammer. As a side note, I personally know George and his son, if you know them ask him and he will tell you he knows me.

Roger

I used to "sort of" run my 1967 Vette with the L-88 engine installed granny shifting because I had to drive the car to work. Six miles to the gallon on Sunoco 260 with a feather pedal. Best time was 12.20 at 116.4 mph and it scared the hell out of me. I don't know any of those people but did watch them a few times.

JJK

• Like 1

My artwork.

JJK

that looks cool...what is it made from?

Top part is Cherry, in between is Walnut, and the bottom is varigated sandstone. The eyes are some kind of foreign orange colored wood.

JJK

like this?

photo-13211.jpg?_r=1413981007 Looks a lot better when enlarged.  I Like It.

It started out as one of those religious faces that people see in the wood but it got changed a lot. But thanks for your comments.

JJK

• Like 1

Roger

JJK

Roger

I used to "sort of" run my 1967 Vette with the L-88 engine installed granny shifting because I had to drive the car to work. Six miles to the gallon on Sunoco 260 with a feather pedal. Best time was 12.20 at 116.4 mph and it scared the hell out of me. I don't know any of those people but did watch them a few times.

JJK

Bet you miss that car? It takes Big Balls to run one of these things into the 6's in the Quarter mile, let alone what they are running them at now. Big Daddy Don Garlets got out of drag racing because the negative "G" forces of deploying the chutes at speed was detaching his retinas causing him to go blind!

Roger

I dont know what mine is, just changed it for the month of October, cause it looks creepy.

By Midnight, ill have a new one, or maybe my old Tube original.

OK, Mark three Avatars in four day......Overload...... lol lol

Just keepin people sayin WTF?   like this guy is in fact sayin!

• Like 1