Lascala's with many extra's $1200 pickup only.

nu2toobs

I think you picked up a nicely modified set of La Scala's.  Please continue to post here, we'd love to have your listening impressions, and any compare/contrast with other speakers.  I don't own LS's, but many here do and can give you specific set up suggestions for your listening environment. 

And as always, we like pictures!

Edited by wvu80

The Klipsch era begins...

gallery_60298_171_488122.jpg

gallery_60298_171_2600138.jpg

My wife and I drove down to St. George and picked these up.

Thanks to nu2toobs for a fun transaction.

Listening to Mahler 2nd as i type!  (I like all kinds of music and so far several types have been tried out.)

Edited by Vlentudia
  • Like 4

The Klipsch era begins...

gallery_60298_171_488122.jpg

gallery_60298_171_2600138.jpg

My wife and I drove down to St. George and picked these up.

Thanks to nu2toobs for a fun transaction.

Listening to Mahler 2nd as i type!  (I like all kinds of music and so far several types have been tried out.)

It was great meeting your wife and you Mike.  They are definitely a better fit for your room.

The old girls will serve you well!

Edited by nu2toobs

• 8 months later...

Hi All - thought I'd check in after several months with these.  

I absolutely love them.  As someone who's owned speakers that retail for $30K+ (the Avantgarde Duos featured in my Avatar...and no, I didn't pay nearly that much), and many, many others at all price points, these arguably sound best of all!  I listen to all types of music.  This particular pair replaced a pair of Magnepan 3.7s (talk about opposites!)  I'm using these with a Klipsch sub at low volume with the lowest crossover setting - provides a nice seasoning.

I've used these with a Hegel H300, but my real love with them is tube amps.  I've tried a couple with great results.  Tube selection is a little more difficult since these are so sensitive, but that makes me use the best tubes I can get.  I listen to vinyl, CD/SACD, files, internet radio and even minidiscs - all of which are wonderful through these La Scalas.

The toughest part was moving them!

Mike

PS They were my first Klipsch speakers but not my last!  I've already bought a new pair of Heresy IIIs to go with another system.

La Scalas are pretty great speakers, all right.  It's really good to hear that you're enjoying them more as time goes by.  The black ones do this interesting trick whereby they appear to shrink during the first few months they spend in your listening room.  At first, they seem to dominate the room, then they gradually blend in somehow, until they are "part of the furniture", and don't seem obtrusive at all.

As for moving them, were you referring to positioning them in the room, or transporting them?  Transporting La Scalas is a job, alright, but moving them in a room is pretty easy, even for a single person.  The steel button "feet" skid easily on carpet, and if those feet have been replaced with non-skid rubber feet, or you have hard floors that you want to avoid scratching, it's easy to put a large sheet of cardboard under a La Scala, and then it can be pulled around without much effort.

As for aiming and matching the speakers, a laser level makes it a quick job, much quicker than running back and forth with a tape measure and a protractor.  Just place any kind of marker on your listening chair to represent your head, place the laser at the side of the speakers, and you can aim them easily, since you can see exactly where they're pointed.  Getting the left and right to match is simple, and you can experiment with toe-in to get the width of sweet spot that you prefer.

Edited by Islander