Cat issue with modified Khorns

absolve2525

When my cat is hungry he sits in front of my KG 5.5's and glares at me. He knows he will get a healthy dose of the squirt bottle if he touches them so he just sits there with a look like, "At any minute a**hole, I can scratch your speaker cloth so feed me..."

• Like 2

write a notification "No Cats Allowed Inside" and stick it back there :lol:  that should probably work

I've heard a story of a cat stock inside a back loaded horn maze and meowing all the time so they broke the box and rescue him.

Edited by Arash
  • Like 1

tromprof,

Obviously, you have and love cats--perhaps all living things.  While my great pleasure with my 3 cats is that they have no fear or uncertainty in my (their) house, that they may be completely at ease and unthreatened, I have found that a mixture of water and vinegar in a spray bottle applied to the grille covers generally keeps them away . . . . To everyone's betterment and peace.

Yea, I like the cats and have had a number over the years. Providing them with something that is theirs to scratch is also good. Those cardboard scratchers are good. I also made a cat perch that they can climb, the post is wrapped in jute rope and they like that as well. They never have bothered the speakers.

Edited by tromprof

Only would need to happen once!

Wife had a cat in the house and it crawled in the Bass bin of my TSCM and pissed and crapped. That cat got kicked in the air as far as I could out the front door and the ONLY reason I did not shoot it is my daughter!

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

Nice cat. No longer have a rodent problem; now that I have 2 cats. They earn their keep.

I've lived in a Farm House for most of my life. When the crops come off, the mice come running for the house! They sell electronic Hypersonic noise makers that plug in the wall sockets. Haven't seen a mouse or found any evidence of a mouse in over 15 years! A lot cheaper and a lot less nasty than having a cat in the house. Next excuse for having a cat in the house, because being a mouser don't cut it!

Roger

Nice cat. No longer have a rodent problem; now that I have 2 cats. They earn their keep.

I've lived in a Farm House for most of my life. When the crops come off, the mice come running for the house! They sell electronic Hypersonic noise makers that plug in the wall sockets. Haven't seen a mouse or found any evidence of a mouse in over 15 years! A lot cheaper and a lot less nasty than having a cat in the house. Next excuse for having a cat in the house, because being a mouser don't cut it!

Roger

Next excuse for not liking cats; that one don't cut it? Scared of a little pu55y. Edited by Sancho Panza
  • Like 5

I've never found either one of my cats in, on around or near my bass bins.  One of them did years ago, scratch/ruin the front covers of my Electrovoice D's. 

Ever since that episode, they (he now since the other cat has passed) stays clear.  Doesn't even wonder in/through the bass bin of the Jubilee's.

I do sometimes fear that he'll jump up on the MWM's that are sitting in the garage.  They've sitting on end (pointing up) so if he fell in I don't think he could get out.

We keep the garage door closed.

Roger

Next excuse for not liking cats; that one don't cut it? Scared of a little pu55y.

Surely not scared of a little pu55y, and didn't say I don't like cats, they are great for improving my on target response time .... Shooting a running cat with a rifle is good practice! Furr bearing animals in the house is NASTY and any interference with my audio is unacceptable to me.

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer

Twisted, nice equipment, and am sure you have warm and wonderful sounds as a result.  Even better is a warm and wonderful relationship with an affectionate living creature (4-legged).  And better still is that they do not have to be mutually exclusive!

Twisted, nice equipment, and am sure you have warm and wonderful sounds as a result.  Even better is a warm and wonderful relationship with an affectionate living creature (4-legged).  And better still is that they do not have to be mutually exclusive!

Thanks for the kind words JiminSTL, but I'll stick with loving my two legged 15 year old daughter and my 12 year old Autistic and MRDD son. Just got up from a nap with my son...

Roger