SOLD

Fleawatt

THESE HAVE BEEN SOLD.  THANKS FOR LOOKING.

Fellow member JimJimbo helped me score a pair of KLF-30's and KLF-20's from the same seller in his neck of the woods a while back.  The KLF-20's had terribly rough cabinets, complete with a crushed top corner.  

I took the opportunity to combine my love of DIY speaker building with my love of the KLF series.

The cabinets are void free Baltic Birch and built with the exact same internal dimensions as the stock cabinets.  The stock front and back panels were used & contrast nicely with the birch.  Some additional bracing was done, but not much since the panels are so stiff compared to the stock MDF.   Tried & True oil varnish gives them a warm tone.   I hand selected the plywood at my supplier based on the vivid grain.

Crites titanium tweeters.  Dayton Audio 1% precision caps replaced the stock in the crossovers. 

One woofer had to be replaced due to a rubbing voice coil. 

The grill screens are probably 7/8 out of 10, but one is missing a peg.

I will include spikes, but they are not mounted.

There are other worthwhile modifications that can be done to the ports, but I'll leave that up to the next owner to experiment with.

I'm not willing to ship these.  I will consider an hour or so drive to help in meeting halfway.  I live near Toledo, Ohio.

$850 is my asking price.  

KLF2014_zpsce7d1bfe.jpg

KLF208_zpsfa17f740.jpg

KLF206_zpsdd9ea45d.jpg

KLF202_zpsd71e95e9.jpg

klf201_zps1c78ceb2.jpg

Edited by Fleawatt
  • Like 3

For those interested, Derek was great to work with when I bought his previous offerings. How's the knee doing after surgery?

Thanks for asking...the meniscus repair went well.  Surgery was December 11th and I ran my first mile yesterday.  Hope you're still enjoying the Khorns!

Those are really nice 20's, they should already be gone. The idea of a super solid cabinet, updated parts makes them a great offering. The 20/30's are that perfect spot between classic Heritage and modern reference, imo.

I would be happy to do a pony express so that someone could get those beautiful 20's.....I live in the South Bend, IN area, so I would drive an hour or so east to meet with Mr. Flea, then turn around and meet with someone coming from the west/southwest/etc.....Let me know.