Better Cables Silver Serpent 8000 Series Sub Cable
(3) speaker Cables w/Monster Banana Plugs
Rocketfish RF-HDMI4 4-Way HDMI Switcher

Pinpoint AM40 Speaker Mounts NIB
BTech Ultrafrip Pro Speaker Mounts NIB

Reese Tri Ball Hitch 1-7/8", 2" & 2-5/16"
Reese Hitch with 3/4" Drop and 2" Ball

SLAPPA HardBody PRO Photo Locker

I'm really excited to try out the Onkyo TX-NR5008 since I have never owned anything with Audyssey.  It has the Audyssey MultEQ XT32 but I have to buy an Audyssey Microphone before I can try it out.  Wakejunkie will be getting one of the receivers.  :emotion-21:  It should be a nice upgrade from his Denon AVR791 and he will finally have Preouts so we can begin to look for him a 3ch amp for his front soundstage.

I will need to replace some of the batteries in the Monster HTUPS. 

I'm going to keep the Harmony 900 and sell my Harmony One.  Will be nice to have RF capabilities. 

I bought everything as a Lot so some of the items I don't need will be put up for sale.

My wife is leaving today at 2pm to get ready for her Half Marathon tomorrow so I can play to my heart's content.  Today is going to be a fun Saturday!  :D

• Like 8

• Moderators
For some reason, the trailer hitch balls look odd sitting there!

You think?  LOL

I like buying "lots" of stuff :-)

Me too.  You tend to get a better bargain when you are willing to just buy it all and sort it out later. 

You'll have fun with the 5008, it's a beast with tons of features....

Well, I was up until 3am playing with the new toys and doing some very brief testing to see what all worked.  I thought all 3 receivers were working fine but apparently, the 5008 turns on and has sound and video but the entire unit seems "Locked Up".  None of the buttons respond (Volume, Power, Menu etc).  Will have to do some research online to see if I can reset it to factory or if it can be sent to Onkyo.  Will check those links you posted Tasdom

• Moderators
You'll have fun with the 5008 1008, it's a smaller beast with tons of features....

Had to laugh at that one.  :lol:  I'm hoping I can get it repaired pretty inexpensively, considering it was $2700 in 2010 and it's the only of the three receivers that has the X32.

Wow Youth, your finding good gear/deals skills never cease to amaze!

I've been blessed with my share of deals.  This deal is getting dimmer and dimmer though.  LOL  The main pieces that I was most interested were the Onkyo, Harmony 900 and the Monster.  2 out of 3 of them have issues.  I don't think I'll have a problem recouping the money I have in it, but the original plan was to buy everything, sell what I didn't want and be able to keep a few things with no out of pocket. 

• Like 1

Wished you found a SVS SB13 Ultra you wanted to sell.

Charles if I did, who knows, I might be selling the RSW-15's.  I've never compared the two.

It would be nice to compare the 2.   I never tried the X32 as i have the Pioneer Elite AVR, with the MCAA or whatever it is called.

Edited by CHASLS2

When you get a chance, would you share your thoughts regarding Audyssey and 2 channel audio (16/24 bit 44.1/88.2/96 etc---doesn't matter whatever you normally listen to). Although my Denon E-400 w /Audyssey MultiEQ/DynamicEQ is in the top of Denon's LOWER end line, I am experiencing brightness for music only (HT is fantastic). Not sure if is the receiver or the Audyssey technology. Thanks!

• Moderators
It would be nice to compare the 2.

Yes it would. 

I never tried the X32 as i have the Pioneer Elite AVR, with the MCAA or whatever it is called.

Yeah, I've never had Audyssey.  My Yamaha had YPAO, Emotiva UMC-1 had EmoQ (pretty useless) and my current HK has EzSet/EQ

When you get a chance, would you share your thoughts regarding Audyssey and 2 channel audio (16/24 bit 44.1/88.2/96 etc---doesn't matter whatever you normally listen to).

Sure, she found one of the Audyssey mics and will be mailing it to me.  Once I get it, I can run the setup on the 808 and see how it sounds on the LaScalas for 2ch.  The LaScalas tend to be bright.  The RF-7ii with DeanG in my 2ch are more laid back than even the stock RF-7ii so if anything would be bright, it would be the LaScalas.

Oh wow! I have the harmony 900 - love it.

Glad to hear it Thaddeus.  I love my Harmony One as well but if the 900 is basically the One with RF and 4 extra buttons, why not.  The only negative I see regarding the 900 is there is a slight delay when you press the touch screen buttons.  It's like they added a fade or something.  No biggie.  Just isn't super fast like the One is.

All three of the Onkyos I purchased (808, 1008 and 5008) all have Audyssey.....the 5008 is the only one with the higher X32.  The other two just have MultiEQ (which I've been told isn't nearly as good as X32).  I personally do not have any experience with any of them.

Audyssey mics are make/version specific, but there's only a couple of different ones out there; let me know if i need to dig mine out and find the model number.

From what I can see on Ebay, there is basically one Audyssey Mic that is pretty much a universal for all Audyssey units.  I could be wrong.

• Moderators
Are you like Frank on American Pickers, the "Bundler"? :D

We don't have cable so I've never seen the show. :D

I would check before you order the mic... With Denon there is a specific mic for different models... Not sure of Onkyo.

Good idea. She found one so I know it goes to at least one of the units.