Youthman Bought a Few Toys

Youthman

I would check before you order the mic... With Denon there is a specific mic for different models... Not sure of Onkyo.

Youthman, I have an extra onkyo mic. PM your address, Ill send it to you. 

uote name='Youthman' timestamp='1422124669' post='1830540'] Sure, she found one of the Audyssey mics and will be mailing it to me. Nevermind, lol 3 sheets thing again. I guess I she read the entire thread before offering.! Lol! Anyway great deal!

Edited by Superdave

I have mics for Marantz, Onkyo, and Denon and they are identical to each other in every way.

My models are the ONKYO TX-NR 809,DENON X-4000, and MARANTZ SR 5004. The only mic that is different is the mic for my Yamaha RX-A2020.

I'm not sure,but any Audyssey mic with the long stem should be identical on newer models.

I was going to actually offer you one of mine of needed.

2 acm-1 mics, and an acm1hb mic

try google to see if they are compatible with the units.

as per google, only the multi eq mics are different, the others that don't have multi eq can be mixed.

Edited by Jim

• Moderators
Slowly sneaking back into the Reference line, hmmm....... ;)

Actually, I never left the Reference Line.  I still have RF-7ii and RF-7.  ;)   It would be really hard to go back to the RF-52ii after owning the 7's.

Nice grab. I'd be interested in the One when you go to sell it.

Thanks Rowan.  I received a PM from two forum members for the Harmony One and the 1100.  A local buddy has expressed interest in the other Harmony One.  If these fall through, I'll let you know.

If you need to borrow an Audyssey Pro cal kit let me know. The loaner is free but it will cost you $150.00 for the license for your S/N unit calibrated.

Interesting....I'll check out the link. 

Youthman, I have an extra onkyo mic. PM your address, Ill send it to you.

Dave, I don't mind buying it from you.  Was going to do that anyways.  I picked up the one she found this evening.  I'll shoot you a PM in a few.  Thanks.

I'm not sure,but any Audyssey mic with the long stem should be identical on newer models.

That's what it looked like to me.  At least from what I was seeing online.  Any brand that has their own proprietary room EQ (ie Yamaha & Harman Kardon) will use their own brand mic.  Seems the ones that use Audyssey have the same mic.

I was going to actually offer you one of mine of needed.

If you don't need it, I may buy it from you as well for the third unit that I have.

• Moderators

Yesterday, when I was loading up the purchased gear, I was out at my truck and I heard the lady say, "Do you have room in your truck for the TV"?  I chuckled as I finished loading up, said thank you and headed home. 

I told her before I left that I thought the batteries in the HTUPS might be bad and that I knew some of the Onkyo's had issues but let her know I was buying them ASIS, untested.  She told me she would continue to look for the Audyssey mic and if she found it, she would mail it to me.

This morning, I texted her to see if she had any luck in finding the Audyssey Mic and mentioned that I found out that most of the batteries in the Monster HTUPS were dead and that one of the Onkyo's was not working.  I knew she didn't know and wasn't asking for any type of compensation....since I was agreeing to buy everything ASIS. 

Later this afternoon, I receive this text.

text.jpg

She is moving tomorrow and did not want to have to pay for storage for the TV since her new home would not accommodate the TV.

My wife is away at a Half Marathon so I figured...what the heck.  I head down to Uhaul, rent a 4' x 8' enclosed trailer and head back to her house for another 3hr round trip.

It's a Mitsubishi 82" WD-82837 Rear Projection DLP.  Looks like it's a 2010 Model and was $4500 new.  She even gave an extra bulb and, a Mitsubishi 3DC-1000 3D Starter Pack and 6 pairs of 3D glasses .  I figure it's a blessing from the Lord and a sign that we should keep it since we have 6 in our family.  :D

Our living room is 25' wide with 12' ceilings so an 82" actually fits very well in the room.  I think it looks great in the living room and my son and youngest daughter love it too.  Now it's up to the wife whether or not she wants to keep this behemoth of a TV.  ;)

living-room_1.jpg

living-room_2.jpg

living-room_3.jpg

Edited by Youthman
  • Like 1

• Moderators
Perfect!!!! I knew it would make it there

Wife may kill me...but I think it will be worth it.  :lol::P

Michael, will you adopt me? Please? :D:)

I tell you what, if you can help my wife with laundry for a family of 6 and keep the fridge stocked with food, I'd consider it.  :lol:

• Like 1

• Moderators
Very nice score! How do you do it? I have tried hungry small kids, small cute dogs and no luck.

Well, my kids stay fed (although they swear there is never anything in the fridge or pantry) and I don't have any dogs.  I'm just truly blessed much more than I deserve.

• Like 2

Michael, will you adopt me? Please? :D:)

I tell you what, if you can help my wife with laundry for a family of 6 and keep the fridge stocked with food, I'd consider it.  :lol:

I can do that plus cook, if it betters my chances. :lol:

Nice score brother!

text.jpg

She is moving tomorrow and did not want to have to pay for storage for the TV since her new home would not accommodate the TV.

It's a Mitsubishi 82" WD-82837 Rear Projection DLP.  Looks like it's a 2010 Model and was $4500 new.  She even gave an extra bulb and, a Mitsubishi 3DC-1000 3D Starter Pack and 6 pairs of 3D glasses .  I figure it's a blessing from the Lord and a sign that we should keep it since we have 6 in our family.  :D

++++++++++

Jeez, don't you think you've enough Audio Luck to last you a lifetime???

The Lottery is now up to a quarter billion, why don't you just go ahead and buy a ticket saving the rest of us the trouble of getting our hopes up, since we already know that with your luck, you'll probably win.

It wouldn't surprise me if you went to the 7-11 and they LENT you the money to buy the dang ticket!

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

• Moderators
I can do that plus cook, if it betters my chances. :lol: Nice score brother!

:D

Jeez, don't you think you've enough Audio Luck to last you a lifetime???

Maybe it's not luck.  :D  :P

The Lottery is now up to a quarter billion, why don't you just go ahead and buy a ticket saving the rest of us the trouble of getting our hopes up, since we already know that with your luck, you'll probably win. It wouldn't surprise me if you went to the 7-11 and they LENT you the money to buy the dang ticket!

LOL you are safe because I have never played the Lotto.  Besides...if I did win, now that would be luck.  ;)

• Like 1