My new Klipschorns have arrived!

Trentster5172

I kept the boxes in case I ever decide to sell them. I might have to get a 75th anniversary set if Klipsch decides to do that. Otherwise I will just keep these forever.

Yes, definitely keep them. Imagine finding old original Klipsch boxes your antique Khorns came in?!

now imagine if you had 4 khorns at the 4 corners -and a scala as a center -

Which is close to what they had in a famous NYC loft and dance venue in the '60s.  I believe they had Klipschorns in each of 4 corners, and -- I think -- two McIntosh 275 tube amps (2 channels each).  I hear people found it overwhelming (in a good way).

I kept the boxes in case I ever decide to sell them. I might have to get a 75th anniversary set if Klipsch decides to do that. Otherwise I will just keep these forever.
Very wise if you have the space, in case you ever have to ship them!  Replacement shipping boxes would probably cost $hundreds, if even available.

Today I was listening to the Black Eyed Peas and added the subs in. It was hitting so hard that I passed out and crapped my pants. When the CD was over I woke up and felt weird. Now every window I walk past I have to lick it. Weird.

Congrats man!  You gave me a good belly laugh.  Glad your tongue wasn't stuck to the carpet, or window for that matter.  Keep em crankin'! 

Well two amps showed up today. I ordered two XPA-1L Gen 2's. What showed up was these two monsters! I called Emotiva and let them know about their $800 mistake. I played with them for a while, but unfortunately one overheats in Class A and shuts down after a few minutes. Man they are sweet! Long story short I let Emotiva know about their little $800 plus mistake- because I'm an honest dude. They are sending return labels and will be shipping my XPA-1L's on Monday.

But man the XPA-1 Gen2's have cool dancing lights! I was hoping they would say keep them and we will send you a replacement unit. Ohhhhh well- lol

post-56362-0-35280000-1423283739_thumb.j

Edited by Trentster5172
  • Like 3

I was fortunate enough to find a pair of used 2009 black Klipschorn's late last year in absolutely mint condition. The black ones are hard to find but, in my opinion the best looking of all the colors. Also, in my opinion one of the best sounding speakers you can buy for ANY amount of money.

Congratulations on your purchase! I'm sure you will never regret it. Enjoy!

FYI: I had to play with the High Pass Filter on my pre-amp to cut the db level due to the "harshness" that these are capable of. I have heard complaints about their "brightness" and I can relate, but it's very easily controlled if you know how to do it.

These are wonderful speakers that can play SO loud and clean. There's nothing else like them.

now imagine if you had 4 khorns at the 4 corners -and a scala as a center -

Which is close to what they had in a famous NYC loft and dance venue in the '60s.  I believe they had Klipschorns in each of 4 corners, and -- I think -- two McIntosh 275 tube amps (2 channels each).  I hear people found it overwhelming (in a good way).

you may be referring to the famous LOFT - steve mancuso's dance club - they had a set of seven Klipschorn floorstanding speakers arrayed in a circle around the dancefloor  -

The amp overheated in Class A because you need alot more ventilation.  When in Class A the power rails are running wide open and will generate tons of heat.  They way those amps are crammed in there they won't last long.  Heat is the killer.  You should have 3-4" inches all around minimum.  Those amps are sure pretty though I would have a tough time sending them back.  I would try to work a deal with Emotiva.

I tried them on the floor in front sitting on a board, tried swapping sides/wires, tried loosening the heat sinks from the bottom, tried running it in A and A/B. I also tried unplugging the speaker wires and just turning it on with nothing playing through it. Unfortunately the one amp shuts off in class A in about 30 minutes and class AB before two hours is up. Just defective. Emotiva is awesome with customer support. They are sending me the correct amps on Monday. The other amp works great!

Edited by Trentster5172