Hope Gathering 2015 Pictures

mikebse2a3

• Moderators

I thought something looked different when taking the pic but moved on. This is a pic cropped much closer than the original of the back of those, thought the back looked different also, just never went back and looked at the pictures. thanks.

post-9700-0-86320000-1430023880_thumb.jp

Edited by dtel

I thought something looked different when taking the pic but moved on. This is a pic cropped much closer than the original of the back of those, thought the back looked different also, just never went back and looked at the pictures. thanks.
Funny how that is, that we all passed by them thinking they were odd in some way.  Thank you for the pic Dtel. That's certainly it. You can see how it resembles a K-55M until you get right up on top of it. Then it becomes apparent that it's whole 'nother animal....bigger, anodized billet and all. Very trick.

Gonna have to email John on this one. :P

• Like 1

This is a crop of the original pic, but made lighter to see the horns. 

I did notice the thicker side walls but missed everything else about it.

1 inch panels all around the bass bin - including the bottom doghouse access door - it looks like this Scala can take more power as well -if not 200 watts -

-that will be good to upgrade all the older Scalas -the K55X outsourced from Atlas Sound is Alnico whereas the new one is Ferrite by the look of the magnet as well as a complete billett assembly - the diaphragm should be 2 inches as well by the looks of the driver -

The horn caught my eye too, but I couldn't confirm what was actually installed.

OTOH, the driver was certainly not the typical K-55X one would expect.

It was John Allen's new A-55G.

http://www.hps4000.com/pages/a55g.html

Would've loved to have heard that cabinet.

does John Allen work with Klpsch -now that Klipsch has driver and Woofer  manufacturing capabilities -

Did anybody notice the hand forklift with Palladium wrote on it?
i did! i also noticed whoever wrote it didn't spell all that well LOL   :D   and you asked about palladiums were made where. i am pretty sure the first line of them was made over seas but they are made there in hope now. mine all have made in us on the sides of the boxes. i guess that could just be where the box is made lol.  

does John Allen work with Klpsch -now that Klipsch has driver and Woofer  manufacturing capabilities -
Yes. To what extent currently however, would be a good question for either Mr. Allen or Mr. Delgado. I was headed that way in conversation with the man while at Hope, but then the dinner bell rang.

mine all have made in us on the sides of the boxes. i guess that could just be where the box is made lol. 
Yours were probably crafted by the gal photographed in front of the crimper. From what I gathered, Palladium final assembly is only a one or two person affair, and that's she's been assigned exclusively to them for the majority of the run.

John Allen's driver is supposed to be really nice. I was under the impression that it was going to be a virtual clone of the dual phase plug Atlas PD5VH - apparently not. The lower distortion numbers are impressive.

Edited by Crankysoldermeister