Old threads

dtel's wife

• Moderators

I was searching some old threads for pics of some our speakers.  I was overwhelmed by some of our old threads that seemed to have a repetitive theme.  Forum members, helping forum members.  Visits that we made to other forum members' homes.  Dtel's appendectomy, JWC's scoring the MWM Grands, our Cornwall III's that we won at the Piligrimage.

Boxx, Oldbuckster, and Marvel's references to his first wife.....members that have left the forum for various reasons.  I was completely overwhelmed!  

So, I am a girl....but I sat in tears as I read some of the old threads.  Y'all have become such an integral part of our lives, and we could never thank you enough for being part of our family.   I would love to bump some of the threads I am referring to, just for all the newbies to see! What do you think???

Edited by dtel's wife
  • Like 2

I am coming up on my 15th year (July) here I have seen a lot in that time frame.  The days of Parrot, MobileHomeless, Q-Man, HornEd and many others are gone unfortunately.  I have learned tons and helped many.

Edited by Frzninvt
  • Like 3

Hang on...see if Chad can, without a lot of issues, create a "Klassic Klipsch"  forum with you as the editor.  You can pull up something "new" from the old files, pin it for a week, the release the pin and put up something else.  You could take requests, etc.

Sounds like a NATURAL to me!

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 2

... see if Chad can, without a lot of issues, create a "Klassic Klipsch" forum ...

This would be great!  It might be better to leave them up for a month or more so people on vacation without a computer or i device (yes, there are some of us!) wouldn't be gazing into some lake somewhere wondering what they were missing on "Klassic Klipsch."

Chad, I highly recommend that you run with this!

• Like 1

Think of all the other things that have gone on in life with or without this forum group: Birth of children, the passing of spouse/parents/in-laws, changing jobs, buying new homes/moving, who gave you your first "welcome aboard" greeting, .....etc.

I look at my main system now and think how many pieces were there when I first came here (not much).

Edited by Mighty Favog

I would love to bump some of the threads I am referring to, just for all the newbies to see! What do you think???

I think "no" respectfully.

If its a relevant thread to a current topic, that sounds better.  Then if anybody wants to comment, the thread will stay or move on of its own weight.  :)

Edited by wvu80

I would love to bump some of the threads I am referring to, just for all the newbies to see! What do you think???

I think "no" respectfully.

If its a relevant thread to a current topic, that sounds better.  Then if anybody wants to comment, the thread will stay or move on of its own weight.  :)

Really? Perhaps if you would read some of those old threads you would really appreciate how much 'family' there is here.

I would have no problem with it.

Bruce

• Like 1

• Moderators

Thank you Marvel. I think the "family concept" of this forum is lost on a lot of the newcomers. This is another reason for me wanting to bump some of these threads up for others to see. We have all been through so much together and have supported each other through good times, bad times, births, deaths, and every other possible life challenge we face.

Reading some of these old threads reminded me of all we have to be thankful for. I appreciate your support.

Christy

• Like 1

Really? Perhaps if you would read some of those old threads you would really appreciate how much 'family' there is here. I would have no problem with it. Bruce

Sure.  That's why I qualified my opinion with "respectfully."  dtel's wife had strong opinions, and according to her, she reacted emotionally.  There's nothing wrong with that.

Like you, if she (or anybody else for that matters) wants to resurrect an old thread that has meaning to her, I have no problem with that either.  :)

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

Thank you Marvel. I think the "family concept" of this forum is lost on a lot of the newcomers.

Not everybody knows what I do for living, but I can tell you, the "family concept" in some rural families is not always a good thing!  :wacko:

+++

And of course I'm giving you (dtel's wife) a hard time because I like you.  I know what you meant, and your heart is pure.  B)

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I am coming up on my 15th year (July) here I have seen a lot in that time frame. The days of Parrot, MobileHomeless, Q-Man, HornEd and many others are gone unfortunately. I have learned tons and helped many.

You sure helped me, I don't know if I ever thanked you. Thank you.

Are you not related to a bird?

Edited by dwilawyer
  • Like 2

• Moderators

Hang on...see if Chad can, without a lot of issues, create a "Klassic Klipsch" forum with you as the editor. You can pull up something "new" from the old files, pin it for a week, the release the pin and put up something else. You could take requests, etc.

Sounds like a NATURAL to me!

Dave

+1

By the way, what happened to the guy who said they should switch to New Coke?

• Like 1