Just got a new toy...

NBPK402

Since my Volvo got totalled last July, and my wife got a 2014 Genesis to replace her Volvo in July... I figured it was time for me to get my new toy.

I picked up a 2015 Hyundai Genesis ultimate coupe. 348hp v6 with Brembos, and a track tuned suspension. :) It rides like an 68 Corvette (def not a luxury ride by any means). I just picked it up Sunday, and on Monday got all the windows tinted, and then on Tuesday got it waxed. The more I drive the car the more I like it. :)

20150614_191312_resized_zpsxyh39btt.jpg

20150614_191257_zpsgxgmmfa7.jpg

20150614_191226_zps6rz06zm8.jpg

• Like 4

Guest Steven1963

Holy crap. Brembos on a Hyundai? And 348hp? I need to give this brand another look.

Edited by Steven1963
  • Like 2

Hyundai has come a looooong way since they first offered Excels in the USA back in 1986 for $3999.00.

Very nice car you got there.

Bill

They would come off the car carrier broke...for real no joke....if you got 45k out of a Hyundai back in the late 80's early 90's you were ahead of the game.

But today those cars are high tec and built right....Hyundai has there chitt together. They are every bit as nice as a Honda or Toyota. Yea that Genesis model that's Hyundai top of the line car. That thing will give a Acura TL a run for it's money...

Congrats on the new car...very nice...

MKP :-)

• Like 1

How does she handle?

Bill

I like the way it handles...is it the best sports car??? I doubt it but for the money I think it was a nice purchase. I could have went with the Subaru BRZ, but I didn't want that small of a car.

Congrats!! Nice looking ride for sure.

The Genesis Coupe is at the very top of my list of cars I want. It'll happen just as soon as I can afford one.

When they first came out I almost bought one then changed my mind at the last minute. Good thing I did as 3 months later I was unemployed. Would have sucked to have had a BIG car payment and no job.

Be sure and post when you get your first speeding ticket.

• Like 1

My friend picked up a Suburu BRZ the other day, and brought it over last night. I really liked his car but it is just too small for my liking (I like a little more space in the interior). I also noticed we both have the same ground clearance, but his car is about 6" shorter in height than mine...all of which is in the door part beneath the windows.