No Bullshit isn't enough

Guest Steven1963

If it's a bad thing you will quickly see why these discussions aren't held on the regular Forum for those that come here to inquire about speakers or talk about audio

These discussions would almost always be in The Lounge, well away from audio talk.

• Like 1

I read the posts there all the time. Its as exciting as heck. I especially like the door prize giveaways.

Keith

Is there a toaster give away?????

Oldtimer....Oldtimer....

MKP :-)

I wish.  I am due a toaster, yet so far there has been no toaster delivered.  It makes one think of alternate means of receiving said toaster.  Hopefully it will not come to that.

We all know that I won the toaster.   

• Like 2

If it's a bad thing you will quickly see why these discussions aren't held on the regular Forum for those that come here to inquire about speakers or talk about audio

These discussions would almost always be in The Lounge, well away from audio talk.

The key would be logistics and temperament...Seriously, I make it a point to try and come across as civil as I can when talking about the tremendously interesting topics in the news and so do most people who engage--Then comes on someone who has been watching the Media and wants to rant--It becomes a totally different discussion...All of a sudden the "Talking Head" syndrome erupts and we are no longer debating/discussing with each other, a Shock jock gets thrown into the mix.

All of this was tried in the beginning but tempers really exploded and how could you not get caught up in a political discussion at the time of an election? All of a sudden chaos breaks out because EVERYONE has an opinion on something and tempers will fly! The last group was formed as an invite from the wonderful Forum Administrator who greeted all of us as Family in Pilgrimages the (family owned) company sponsored--Since that time alot changed and even though there is still a family aspect, there is more of a corporate reality of what happens on Their forum--I can dig it. Talks on politics and religion aren't the same as on your favorite beer and cables.

Fwiw, I wish had been involved on who should be allowed in but I wasn't asked (that would be considered elite) and can't wait for some of you to hit the 5,000 mark!

Edited by Zen Traveler

Toaster is on the way oldtimer!  Had to clean all the crumbs from the tray....lot of crumbs after 12 years. 

Is someone disputing your win?

I'm not sure what backhanded deals went on behind closed doors but I'm pretty sure payola was involved.  Oldtimers powers must be very far reaching and to be feared.

• Like 4

I wish.  I am due a toaster, yet so far there has been no toaster delivered.  It makes one think of alternate means of receiving said toaster.  Hopefully it will not come to that.

Dude! You should be the Zen Traveler. :)

Oh I am.  I definitely am.

I'm not sure what backhanded deals went on behind closed doors but I'm pretty sure payola was involved. Oldtimers powers must be very far reaching and to be feared.

Toasters fall off the backs of trucks all the time.  Did I ever tell you about my cousin Vito?

• Like 2

Toaster is on the way oldtimer!  Had to clean all the crumbs from the tray....lot of crumbs after 12 years. 

Is someone disputing your win?

I'm not sure what backhanded deals went on behind closed doors but I'm pretty sure payola was involved.  Oldtimers powers must be very far reaching and to be feared.

You could have had the toaster if you had offered a case of hot sauce :)

• Like 2

• Moderators

Elite Dogs= those with 5000 posts who go to a private room to keep us slobs from knowing there crucial business.

Sorry mytypin ain't so great since the acident.

That's funny, between the "crucial business" and you thinking your typing is a problem you had me laughing. 

You can not possibly think your typing or spelling/grammar is worse  than mine. :o  When I type spell check lights up like a Christmas tree. :lol:  Can't remember the last time I seen any crucial business here, and hope it doesn't happen again, I'm not here to concentrate.

• Like 1

I'm not asking for access to the no bullshit forum. I actually have little interest in it because my focus is based more on the whole community and not just a sliver.

Aaaaaaaah, the discussions can be whatever the heck your heart desires..... most, IMHO, are pretty silly, but fun none the less.... and it can be funny and infuriating as hell to see how some ask or respond to certain questions,....... Aaaaaaaaand  then there's the rare topic that can make you think, but again, they're rare.

In any event and about the above, I'm kinda sorta maybe doubtful but with HOPE, that if you light a candle tonight, stick a frogs ear under your pillow, then bark at the moon 3 times, before sending Chad a special request, you might be able to wiggle your way in once you sign the waiver. I mean what the hell, if Theaduse can con his way to being a moderator, I see no reason why you can't be another target, or uhmmmm, I mean guy with a bulleye on his back in BS land.

• Like 1

Steven a few years back I got my self all worked up about the IRS, & I went Into a rant about it in the 2 channel forum this was pre Lounge forum days. Many forum members responded agreeing & sharing story's similar experiences. One member said he also agreed there is a problem, but politely asked me to drop the subject because he has to deal with all theses stressful life subjects most ever day & that one of the reasons he enjoys the Klipsch  forum & music so much is for the fact that  the forum= like music is his escape from all those type's of concerns & pressures.

After thinking about what he said for a few moments, I realized he was right, & I apologized.  I feel the same way this place is my escape-retreat from the gremlins,& drudgery of life's worry's. How sweet the music is , especially thru Klipsch.  :)

• Like 1

Elite Dogs= those with 5000 posts who go to a private room to keep us slobs from knowing there crucial business.

Sorry mytypin ain't so great since the acident.

That's funny, between the "crucial business" and you thinking your typing is a problem you had me laughing. 

You can not possibly think your typing or spelling/grammar is worse  than mine. :o  When I type spell check lights up like a Christmas tree. :lol:  Can't remember the last time I seen any crucial business here, and hope it doesn't happen again, I'm not here to concentrate.

Thanks dtell. I was once good at this but got conked a good one on the nogin in the accident and never could do the same later or even now.
  • Like 1

The protected thread is a perk for well established members.  The Lounge still exist for other posting.  Klipsch get's to set the rules and carefully judges and monitors what happens on the forum.  It is a plus to even have a forum hosted by Klipsch.  They have to dedicate resources to keep this forum going.

• Like 2

The Lounge still exist for other posting.

The Lounge still exists for other posting ... but certain topics are verboten in the Lounge that are permitted in the No Bullshit section. 

No one questions the right of Klipsch to set the rules on its own forums ... just the questionable taste involved in creating an elite section as a perk for members who happen to have submitted a high number of posts, and therefore are deemed trustworthy.  The validity if this criterion is doubtful, especially since at least one poster who had an extraordinary number of posts is considered an offender.

Don't get me wrong; I love Klipsch products, and the audio discourse on the main forms.  I have always bought my Klipsch components new, in the spirit of helping the company in some small way.  I have recommended them to a great number of people over many decades.  I find the creation of an elite forum surprising, to say the least.

Edited by garyrc
  • Like 1