Another candidate for the Darwin list.....

jimjimbo

• Moderators

Then you have nuts who get attacked by a shark & go into shark conservation...

OK here you go

The mother of the kid who thought it was a good idea to shoot fireworks off his head and dies is now calling for stricter controls on fireworks.

Well let's start by not using you head to launch them, what kind of stupid do you have to be to think that's a good idea ?  Does this really need to be in the instructions ?

http://news.yahoo.com/mom-man-died-fireworks-accident-says-rules-too-205543867.html

• Like 1

• Moderators

With this post I don't mean YOUR lives, of course.  All those other people.  :biggrin:

I seen a shirt once that said " if you can't be a role model, be a warning "

Edited by dtel

That's a great thumbnail Rivernuggets !!!  Makes you think…………………….

Some people seem to have that destiny plotted out for them.  Like the guy who gets struck by lightning multiple times over the course of his life. 

I seen a shirt once that said " if you can't be a role model, be a warning "

That's a stamp of approval to be risky.  I like it!

Edited by Rivernuggets
  • Like 1

• Moderators

I have done a lot of dumb things and shot a lot of fireworks but never thought once, hey I want to shoot this off my head. Or even once thought like some of the Utube videos, let's shoot these rockets out of my butt crack, never even crossed my mind.

I guess there are many different levels of stupidity ?

Here's one of our friends from Canada trying to get into the Darwin Club by flying over Calgary in a lawn chair.

WOW.  I am in awe.

Only way I'd do that is if someone was holding the kite string and travelling along the ground with me.  Stupid question, but did he have a parachute?

Then you have nuts who get attacked by a shark & go into shark conservation...

OK here you go

The mother of the kid who thought it was a good idea to shoot fireworks off his head and dies is now calling for stricter controls on fireworks.

Well let's start by not using you head to launch them, what kind of stupid do you have to be to think that's a good idea ?  Does this really need to be in the instructions ?

http://news.yahoo.com/mom-man-died-fireworks-accident-says-rules-too-205543867.html

Just one or two more laws and then I'm sure this kind of thing wouldn't happen.  :)

Imagine the police rolling up on that scene?  Guns drawn - "Get that mortar off your head!!!"  "You are in direct violation of the law!!!"

Public response "Wow the police sure were harsh on that poor guy, he should be free to launch mortars from where he pleases!"

Cycle continues... :wacko:

• Like 2

Just one or two more laws and then I'm sure this kind of thing wouldn't happen. :) Imagine the police rolling up on that scene? Guns drawn - "Get that mortar off your head!!!" "You are in direct violation of the law!!!" Public response "Wow the police sure were harsh on that poor guy, he should be free to launch mortars from where he pleases!" Cycle continues... :wacko:

Fabulous.   :lol:   I presume you majored in ironic sarcasm in college?

I bet you got all A's. 

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

• Moderators
Fabulous. I presume you majored in ironic sarcasm in college?

They don't have that course, I checked, I was looking for an easy A.

My wife thinks I have a Masters degree in it already and should be teaching.

• Like 2

Just one or two more laws and then I'm sure this kind of thing wouldn't happen. :) Imagine the police rolling up on that scene? Guns drawn - "Get that mortar off your head!!!" "You are in direct violation of the law!!!" Public response "Wow the police sure were harsh on that poor guy, he should be free to launch mortars from where he pleases!" Cycle continues... :wacko:

Fabulous.   :lol:   I presume you majored in ironic sarcasm in college?

I bet you got all A's. 

Even better, I was a police officer for almost eight years.  Probably the best sociology class that can be offered.  You get a Master's degree in sarcasm free with the job; a doctorate if you escape with a shred of your good nature in tact.  ;)