11 of Greatest American Race Cars of All Time

Travis In Austin

What a Farce!!

Look at some of the TURDS they listed, and No GT-40??, No 289 or 427 Cobras??, No Daytona Cobra Coupe??

It says "American Race Cars and no NASCAR??, No Drag Racing?? What about the Super Bird or the Dodge Daytona?? or the Swamp Rat 1 or Mickey Thompsons Blue SOHC Cammer Mach 1 ??

It says "American Race Cars" and many of you are listing Non-American favorites??

Roger

https://youtu.be/sJU3M-T0TXI

Edited by twistedcrankcammer
  • Like 1

Superbird

plymouth_superbird_1970-1280x800.jpg

I remember sitting in a superbird at the Plymouth dealer. My mom and dad were buying a car. The car was on the showroom floor...I was saying "get this one dad".....we left the dealer with a Fury III....oh well..

MKP :-)

I remember shopping for my first car when I was 15. I was looking at a $3,000 pistol grip shifter 426 Hemi Super Bird.

My buddies talked me out of it, said it was too heavy to drag race. I think that they were jealous.

I settled on paying $3,000 for a 1967 390 GT fastback mustang with a 427 lowriser dual 4 bbl and hooker headers with 4 speed because of the potential of it's optional fold down rear seat and it's application to my cruising for girls.

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer