Marine Base Attacks

ZEUS121996

The attack is a tragedy.  The thing I can't understand, if these people don't like America, why stay?  To become a naturalizes citizen takes some effort and to come to America from another country takes considerabel effort and money.

The attack is a tragedy.  The thing I can't understand, if these people don't like America, why stay?  To become a naturalizes citizen takes some effort and to come to America from another country takes considerabel effort and money.

It's called terrorism.  Either for its own sake or as part of revolution.  We don't know the motive yet.  It could just be a nut job.  Does that help?

I don't think all these people came to America to be terrorist.  I think some of this hatred comes later for various reasons.  It may be disillusioned life in America, a need to feel connected to a powerful movement in their home country or religion, ect.  This kids prospects on a good life in America were bright.  Young people are more alturistic and takeup various causes with a passion.

Edited by derrickdj1

The New York Times, citing unnamed law enforcement officials, reported that his father had been under investigation several years ago over possible ties to a foreign terrorist organization and had been on a terrorist watch list.

He was later removed from the list but where there's smoke there might be fire?

Terrorists are cowards who attack soft targets.  That was a gun free zone.  The Marines were sitting ducks.

I don't think it was a gun free zone. You are talking about Chattanooga? The first place he shot up is in a strip mall. A recruiters office. Then he went to a small Navy Reserve facility by River Park (nice place, BTW). We'll see if they come jup with a clear motive.

Bruce

Terrorists are cowards who attack soft targets.  That was a gun free zone.  The Marines were sitting ducks.

I don't think it was a gun free zone. You are talking about Chattanooga? The first place he shot up is in a strip mall. A recruiters office. Then he went to a small Navy Reserve facility by River Park (nice place, BTW). We'll see if they come jup with a clear motive.

Bruce

Nope, right on the recruiting office door hangs a sign prohibiting guns from the building. The marines inside were not allowed to be armed.

These people are so sick and twisted. They hear a rallying cry from the ISIS losers that tells them to kill the innocents or else they will not get into heaven. Sounds like a pretty F'd up religion in any meaning that tells you to kill in the good....or not so good book. I just wish they would keep that in the ME.

• Like 1

Military personnel should be armed. Otherwise why call them the armed forces?

Law-abiding citizens should be armed, if they wish to be.

Had those soldiers not been denied their second amendment rights, some or all would likely still be alive.

• Like 6

Once again our vast police and surveillance state has failed to protect Americans while our right to bear arms was denied which could have saved lives, our government has it backwards and sets policies to further their control rather than benefit the citizens. Besides ISIS would not even exist in the first place if we had not tried to use extremists to overthrow Syria then allow them to run amok in the power vacuum of Iraq. 

• Like 5

Trying to head-off these guys has to be harder than searching for a needle in a haystack.  Think about the fact that we have over 310 million people in this country.  If any one of you wanted to go "nutso" today, who could stop you before you did serious harm?  We don't have a policing problem.  We have a culture problem.

• Like 4