Marine Base Attacks

ZEUS121996

We are treading on the edge here but the pendulum may have started to swing after a near decade of political correctness and trying to create a niche for every wacko.  Trump is gathering a following.

I don't feel that you can correctly anticipate every act of violence but would venture that profiling has it's place.  Exceptions such as Timothy McVeigh noted.  I also fear there are a lot more ticking bombs out there....on all sides.

I can never remember a time when I have felt this alienated from what is now being accepted and promoted main stream. 

"I'm getting too old for this ****".

Edited by Tarheel
  • Like 6

We are treading on the edge here but the pendulum may have started to swing after a near decade of political correctness and trying to create a niche for every wacko.  Trump is gathering a following.

I don't feel that you can correctly anticipate every act of violence but would venture that profiling has it's place.  Exceptions such as Timothy McVey noted.  I also fear there are a lot more ticking bombs out there....on all sides.

I can never remember a time when I have felt this alienated from what is now being accepted and promoted main stream. 

Yep.

• Like 1

Guest Steven1963

wickid...they hate us because of are freedoms! got to stop it now...at any and all costs./..no matter how crule!!!

Freedom? What freedom? You still buying that bullshit line?

• Like 2

The problem, imo, is radical Islamic ideology inspired or directed from abroad which is hell bent on destroying Western civilization and an abject failure by American leadership to identify and treat it as such. Is the issue cultural or religious as well? Sure it is, but that description just doesn't go far enough in accurately describing what is going on.

• Like 5

The problem, imo, is radical Islamic ideology inspired or directed from abroad which is hell bent on destroying Western civilization and an abject failure by American leadership to identify and treat it as such.

That's spot on.

This is the issue....I was told by NCIS years ago that I was crazy. I helped develop an anti-terrorist brief back in the early 90's - I told them the next focus would be from within. They laughed at that type of thinking. I said that idealism is harder to combat than countries.  You can identify a country as a threat, and then prosecute it.  Ideals however go beyond traditional warfare boundaries, they go beyond loyalties. You can never take out the target because is very much like the Marvel comics Hydra....cut off one head - two grow back. 

• Like 2

I just saw on the news about the attacks at the bases and the unfortunate deaths that accompanied it. My condolences go out to the families of the people who were killed or injured.

Mark

Very similar to the attacks that happen in Puerto Rico at recruiting offices and several bases that used to be down there.  I had a couple of friends get shot in the Machateros attack in '79.  You don't hear about the things that happen overseas very often. 

The current administration is planning troop level reductions to the lowest they have been since WWll.  This reduction has been initiated in spite of the proliferation of radical groups like Boko Haram, Hamas, ISIS and others.   At the same time we turn our backs on allies such as Israel.

On the home front the same folks want to disarm law enforcement of any military type weaponry.   See how that is working in Mexico where the cartels now heavily out gun the police and operate with impunity. 

Now if Tarheel ran things.........

• Like 3

wickid...they hate us because of are freedoms! got to stop it now...at any and all costs./..no matter how crule!!!

Freedom? What freedom? You still buying that bullshit line?

This line started way back on (or possibly before) 9/11. Bin Laden attacked us because they hate our freedoms. Really? Bin Laden said exactly why he attacked us. It was because we set up a big military base in their holy land. Nobody liked that version though.

It's ridiculous anyway because of what the rest of the world is doing. Lots of countries are rarely if ever hit by Islamic terrorists yet they have the same freedoms that we think we are being attacked for.

• Like 2

Terrorists are cowards who attack soft targets.  That was a gun free zone.  The Marines were sitting ducks.

I don't think it was a gun free zone. You are talking about Chattanooga? The first place he shot up is in a strip mall. A recruiters office. Then he went to a small Navy Reserve facility by River Park (nice place, BTW). We'll see if they come jup with a clear motive.

Bruce

Bruce,

You are wrong, it was a gun free zone.

Roger

Terrorists are cowards who attack soft targets.  That was a gun free zone.  The Marines were sitting ducks.

I don't think it was a gun free zone. You are talking about Chattanooga? The first place he shot up is in a strip mall. A recruiters office. Then he went to a small Navy Reserve facility by River Park (nice place, BTW). We'll see if they come jup with a clear motive.

Bruce

Nope, right on the recruiting office door hangs a sign prohibiting guns from the building. The marines inside were not allowed to be armed.

These people are so sick and twisted. They hear a rallying cry from the ISIS losers that tells them to kill the innocents or else they will not get into heaven. Sounds like a pretty F'd up religion in any meaning that tells you to kill in the good....or not so good book. I just wish they would keep that in the ME.

I still haven't figured out yet how they are so stupid as to think that if there God created man and the universe, that there God is not capable of killing his own enemies?

• Like 1

To hades with the religion angle.  approach it tactically at this level.

Absolutely disagree with you here!

They are fighting for their religious beliefs that they will be rewarded if they die for there religious beliefs.

What we need to do is take away their perceived reward......

Start taking every Muslim that is killed in the name of Jihad and throw there bodies into large tree chippers so the bodies cannot be dug up and buried facing Mecca. Then bury the remains in mass graves and marinate in pigs blood before covering them up.

Try that, and watch how fast the wind goes out of their sails!

Roger

• Like 2

I don't feel that you can correctly anticipate every act of violence but would venture that profiling has it's place.  Exceptions such as Timothy McVeigh noted.  I also fear there are a lot more ticking bombs out there....on all sides.

Perfectly said...... and also recently announced, America plays let's make a deal with Iran's nuclear development program. Good luck trying to justify the deal "as it is currently proposed".

• Like 3

We don't know the motive yet.

We'll see if they come up with a clear motive.

Oh gosh darn, I'm having a tough time with that one. :rolleyes:    There's just no telling, a recently turned devout Islamist, started attending his local mosque, religiously (no pun intended),..... Hmmmmmmm,  I wonder what his motive could be, hmmmmm given the current climate of political correctness,..... hmmmm there's just no real way of telling.

I've GOT IT!!!   He's was either pissed off at the Confederate Flag!!!!, or forced to listen to "Yankee Doodle Dandee" repeatedly, before going bonkers.

Edited by Gilbert

Not at the cost of our freedom, much of which have been eroded.

Sir....that's the tipping point.  How many of our civil liberties are we willing to give up in order to be safe?

I am fine with protecting myself and mine, we shouldn't be loosing our rights for protection.

To those who will not arm themselves, they deserve what ever they get.

• Like 1