the interest is up and the stock market's down...

Paducah Home Theater

No rate hike, moar QE?

I'm actually quite glad for any market correction.  It is long overdue.  I'll wait until the streets are flowing with blood before committing, but I've got my shopping list and the sales are about to begin!

Exactly, its the typical Federal Reserve bubble. Print money and lend it for near free to blow up the debt bubble then eventually the band snaps and the market has to correct itself. I call it the "Meth head" economy. You need to sleep but instead of taking a short nap now you keep snorting meth (Quantitative Easing) and ignore the problems that come up until you eventually crash then make the taxpayers foot the hospital bill.

• Like 2

Glad I just singed my refinance yesterday at 3.2%.

And I thought I was doing fairly well when I locked in a 16% mortgage loan rate and the rates proceeded to hit ~ 18.5% during 1981 for a mortgage loan. :o

i wasn’t financing anything during those years; but, looking back i feel sorry for all those that had to endure that.
I hope they have refinanced by now.
  • Like 1

And I thought I was doing fairly well when I locked in a 16% mortgage loan rate and the rates proceeded to hit ~ 18.5% during 1981 for a mortgage loan. :o

i wasn’t financing anything during those years; but, looking back i feel sorry for all those that had to endure that.

well, they’d have whatever they bought paid off by now, i suppose. But, hopefully they refinanced as the rates dropped.

Edited by BigStewMan

well, they’d have whatever they bought paid off by now, i suppose. But, hopefully they refinanced as the rates dropped.
Yeah good point. I forgot those rates were 30 years ago.

Well i suppose i could go and take a looksee what my stock price is, last time i looked was 6Mo ago and it was fine, way more than the time i got it, that was 1981. yeah i just let it ride, up/down who cares, it edge's up over the years. 

Look where the Stock Markets were at the end of 2008 and one will realize that if you were a retiree then it was time to panic...If you are a buy and holder be aware it is time for a correction but if you invest prudently should be okay--If you are trying to gamble and sell at the top I suggest you've missed that opportunity but take this advice for what you paid for it. ;)

Current Price: $7.44 Prev Close: $7.78 Open: $7.28 Bid: $7.10 Ask: $7.14 Day's Range: $6.82 - $7.49 52wk Range:

$6.55 - $11.55

Looking just fine, gets lower, could be "Buy" time :emotion-21:

I have an alert called in at 4Bucks, "If" It drops that low, im rounding up some "Buy" money and up my stake(s).

• Like 1

Looking just fine, gets lower, could be "Buy" time :emotion-21: I have an alert called in at 4Bucks, "If" It drops that low, im rounding up some "Buy" money and up my stake(s).

I gather you are talking about VOXX--Good luck. For the record, I made a gamble like that on ULTE and didn't fare too well on that one.