well, she asked if anyone had any questions...

BigStewMan

I was labeled a problem with authority for asking questions and refusing to break federal law, I was also told by the asst. super that I was a PITA when it came to safety (not because I had a bad safety record but because I would argue FOR safety)

A job that held a few thousand peoples lives in hand everyday, and I was the PITA because I refused to cut corners, and stood up to management

Go Figure.

Heres a peach,

We get 30 inches of snow I call in and take an in climate weather / emergency leave day, (commute 86 miles 1 way) I get to work the following day and am charged with missing time, 2 weeks later the company puts out a memo "In in climate weather if you call in you will get paid and use a leave day" I and 1 other employee asks about this were told it does not apply to us (labor), I am chairman of the safety committee so I email the sender of the memo and ask WTF (not in those words), I get called to the office the following monday and read the riot act and am told if I send out 1 more email without authorization from my managers I will loose my email

They really hated being shown as hypocrites 

• Like 1

I think we’d get along Joe.   

I got emailed some emergency procedures and thought i was forwarding it to a co-worker with my reply of “Can you believe a grown person wrote this?”  Fine and good, except i didn’t hit the “Forward” key, i hit the “Reply” key and replied directly to the person that wrote it.

My co-worker asked what i was going to do now, i said, “I guess I’m just going to have to ride this one out."

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1

So your the one, not surprised. :P

who me?   

i just like to provide answers or ask questions.   My boss asked me if I knew where a piece of equipment was. I said, “I give up…where?”

Or when the doctor asked me if i smoked. I said, “only when i’m on fire.”  he laughed throughout the entire examination. When i was leaving he laughs again and says, “only when i’m on fire.”  I finally said, “doc, it wasn’t that funny.”  

And like Richard Pryor said "when you're on fire people get the &*%$ out of your way" :lol:

• Like 1

"If God is so powerful, can he make a rock so big that even HE can't lift it?" - George Carlin

I love that one!  I use it with all my religious friends.   :smile:   I did not know it was attributed to George Carlin. 

The answer of course is not a religious one, it's a fallacy in argumentative logic.  It's a bad (or irrational) question.

guest speaker at work...does her presentation and asked if there are any questions. Silence.

I'll bet that silence ate you up!

silence gets me in odd situations as well.

at a work meeting...pre-hearing aid days, so of course i'm daydreaming.  At the end of the meeting, the person sitting next to me says, "the Chairman of the Board of Supervisors (for our county) asked you a question and you just sat there."  I told her i didn't know he asked me something so i asked what he did then. She said he sat there for a moment and then asked someone else if they had anything to say. So, i figure i should go square things with Mr. Chairman...i tell him that i wasn't being rude, i just didn't hear him.  He told me that he sat through that meeting wondering why i was angry at him. 

So, the next meeting (still no hearing aids yet)...i decide to watch You Tube videos on my phone...didn't know the phone volume was cranked up (again, i have PROFOUND hearing loss and couldn't hear it) then i noticed about 50 people turning and staring at me.

It's tough being my boss.

Edited by BigStewMan
  • Like 1