Trust Building / Reputation

joessportster

I bought an H/K 430 from a forum member. It came, loosely packed with some styrofoam peanuts and a towel wrapped around it. Amazingly, nothing was broken and it has worked flawlessly for a number of years.

I wouldn't buy anything from him again.

Bruce

Wow.  A free towel?

I've gotten a whole set of towels this way.

Some of you guys know that me and the wife run a small auto shop. We have meet a lot of good people at our shop. In 17 years of doing business we have been handed one "bad" check. 

I take credit cards, but not over the phone....so I have customers drop me a check in the night drop and I will lock there keys in the car... If the check is not in the drop next day you get a phone call and you have till the end of the day to bring me the check or cash... This has only happend a few times. If I don't see them that day.....well the next time you have to pay me before you get your car......oh and I get my money......my wife runs the office and she's a ***** when she doesn't get paid...

Quick good guy story.......

Years ago we had this guy that came around the shop.... he would buy parts from me for his old Acura....I had a few in the back of the shop.....I swear this guy looked just like Snoop Dogg..... we called him Snoop. 

He dropped in late on day we were getting ready to leave the shop... he needed some stuff. I told him he could go out back and get the parts but I had to leave. He paid me the money for the parts. He had his own tools but he needed a few other tools to get the parts off. I told him when he was done to drop my tools through the night drop for me. We shook hand and all was cool..

The next day I came in and found all my tools dropped through the night drop as planned, but there was a bunch of other tools with them. Not cheap stuff.... over $250 buck worth of tools....oh they were mine I left them in that old Acura Snoop was working on and he found them. I just forgot about them. They were back there for weeks, I thought I lost them in a customers car. I don't loose tools often. 

Well my man Snoop stopped in a week or two later.....for more parts.... I thanked him for finding my tools and hooking me up.... 

and the few odds and ends he needed for his car this time.... I just gave him the parts.....But he still had to get them off the car...

Yea there are a lot of good peeps for sure..... and we all know there are a few A$$ holes that we all will meet....

it is what it is...

MKP :-)

I was in Bryson City recently, there is an old timey ice cream shop in the middle of town.  They only take cash but they aren't too up front about it.  They went to check some people out who tried to hand them a card but then halted the transaction, told them to go a few blocks down the road to the ATM and bring cash back.  Went ahead and gave them their order and let them finish it in full before doing so and didn't even get their information.  I have no idea if they came back but in this day and age I can't imagine that this would be normal.  Same thing with tubes, there are entire storage barns full of rental tubes, basically there's a sign that says stick money in the box.  I don't know how they're not ripped off 10 times a day.  

At some Point Ya just got to Trust.  Does not mean you'll never get burned.

I've had excellent Results in dealing with Forum members.  So far everyone's word has been Good.   We all start out with no reputation.  Over time others will form their own opinions of us.  Post count matters some.  Man's recommendation of another man is more important.  Still have to listen to that feeling in the gut though.

Drive hundreds of miles to meet up with someone you just met online.  Or invite someone You don't know into your home to listen.   These are just a couple things that make this place feel like a home.

john

Exactly Taz, Life is what we make it.

Do we get burned once in a wile, Yep, just one of those things.

But more often than not, good guy's out weigh the bad.

When you do something for someone and expect nothing in return, it's hard to get burned.

What was it Boxx used to say about doing something for someone that can't pay you back.  Or something like that.  Boxx had a lot of good things to say.  Wish I could remember more of what he has said.  Miss Him.

• Like 2

Similar to those the bins are correct the horn is not Kev had the oris 150 horn with I believe the 8" AER drivers, the wife and I took a road trip to get the horns but ended up getting the bass bins as well

Highly recommended if you ever want to hear a VERY GOOD 2 way setup. Kev and family were a delight as well  :)

• Moderators

Stumped you again Travis?

One forum dude to another forum dude: hey are you going by Dallas?

Other forum dude: yeah

First forum dude: we picked up some speakers for a 3rd forum dude, can you drop them off to him.

2nd Forum Dude: Sure I can

That saga is still going on

Yeah hope to see you and Luther again sometime..

This sounds vaguely familiar to me!   ;)

Started this thread in regards to a deal with someone on another forum, they said they would ship Thursday, then said Friday, then no response till Sunday after I emailed with my thoughts on the failures and playing ghost

Him: Excuse for failure was typical when someone is confronted with there errors, had an accident and spent 3 days on the phone with insurance

ME: OK Sorry about your issues but you do realize you are leaving for vacation in 12 days and we are up against it shipping stuff 2 directions

Him: So Sorry will send 2 day express in the AM

ME OK

Him heres tracking 9:30pm 

Me OK, check tracking not express but Priority Mail which has NO GUARANTEED DELIVERY TIME

Today: tracking still shows setting in Indiana (Imagine that the post office dragging its feet)

Me  Hey you will want to get a shipping refund if you actually shipped this 2 day express, Oh and now we have shipping issues as I cant ship mine till after I get this stuff which looking at tracking shows Friday would be a good estimate, That means ship on Monday and you leave on Wednesday for 3 weeks, so trusting the Post Office to deliver on time with expensive items...................Not me !!! after all we have a shining example of there ability 

Him: "I was told they were second day express and would be there Wednesday. Never had a problem with the PO before getting things to Alabama, NC and SC in two days before. If you don't get them by the end of the day let me know and I will get a partial refund"

Dont you love it when folks shovel crap at you and just expect you are to dense to know better...................Post Office offer partial refund on priority PLEASE......

He does not want to admit when he went to the post office and got the price for guaranteed 2nd day delivery he opted for priority instead saving likely 75% as 2nd day is EXPENSIVE

attached screen shot of tracking where clearly states PRIORITY 2 day (which all priority states this when tracked but there is no guarantee)

post-14548-0-81300000-1442410077_thumb.p

post office quote

"In most cases, the expected delivery date printed on your receipt or provided at checkout will reflect a delivery time of 1, 2 or 3 business

days and is based on origin, destination and drop-off time. The expected delivery date does not come with a money-back guarantee"

This is why I dont trust some folks, rather than man up and say "hey that shiit was just to EXPENSIVE so I used priority because it has been very dependable in the past" They spew total crap, and expect that you should accept there failures and if you do not you are the AZZ

Quite Comical really

THIS IS RICH HERE

" Joseph, Let me know how much it would cost to send the Items Second Say, assuming your PO follows through. I will send the extra $20.00 or so to get that done."

now tell me does this take big balls or what?? People are unbelievable 

(Um I know I have lied and let you down on several occasions, buuuut could you jump through a hoop and do me a favor regarding exactly what I lied to you about ?? PPPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

In my experience dealing with clients, I always run from folks that feel a need to tell me how honest they are.  In reality, that's my biggest red flag...anyone who says how honest they are is very likely full of crap.  The truly honest people never feel a need to say anything because they know they're telling the truth and/or they'll follow through on what they've said.  Someone who feels a need to justify themselves is almost always telling lies...

Joe - you showed a ton more restraint than I'd have been able to muster...especially when you know he's lying his azz off.

Edited by kapsnb01
  • Like 1

• Moderators

So this was a trade of some sorts? He sent you some stuff and you are sending him some stuff? How does he know it will cost $20 extra for 2 day express? How is he supposed to pay you the 20 before you ship it.

I would say it is not my problem. I would ask him if he preferred to wait until he teturns before you ship, or does he have an alternate address he would like it sent to, work or business? Or let me guess, he somehow needs this item for his trip.

He didn't send you an international money order by any chance did he? I am sure not, but if so STOP and don't do anything else.

No I am up on the scams and yes it was a partial trade deal, I get the impression he wants me to up front the money for expedited shipping and wait on a refund, Of course this is not happening under any circumstance...............

I plan to wait and respond this evening, and ask him if he is serious because I can fathom someone seriously asking me to expedite when they have done everything at there leisure and lied repeatedly

its just unreal to me I could not haul around balls that big 

Live and Learn I guess...................

He didn't send you an international money order by any chance did he? I am sure not, but if so STOP and don't do anything else.

"Hi I am from Nigeria and we are planning a coup of the current government. If you could be so kind, we need high end audio equipment to play propaganda during the violent overthrow so the hapless citizens will follow the new regime. Kindly please send over your amplifier and we will send a $300 money order plus an additional $10,000 once we take over and raid the state treasury..."

• Like 3

"Hi I am from Nigeria and we are planning a coup of the current government. If you could be so kind, we need high end audio equipment to play propaganda during the violent overthrow so the hapless citizens will follow the new regime. Kindly please send over your amplifier and we will send a $300 money order plus an additional $10,000 once we take over and raid the state treasury..."

Sounds reasonable enough.