This Day In 1970

Tarheel

I remember being at the Wedge in newport, Stoned at the time, in our group of surfers, we had only a few LPs among us, Hendrix was our guy, between all of us we had everything he published.

Really only Three things take you out when you are in the money, Drugs/Sex/aircraft.

Edited by minermark
  • Like 3

I was lucky enough to see Hendrix as a kid in the UK, he played the Civic Hall in Grays, Essex on February 14th 1967. My sister has Hendrix, Mitchell and Reddings autograph signed together and also a machine head off of the guitar he smashed and also set alight. It was a night to remember as a 16 year old.

• Like 4

I was lucky enough to see Hendrix as a kid in the UK, he played the Civic Hall in Grays, Essex on February 14th 1967. My sister has Hendrix, Mitchell and Reddings autograph signed together and also a machine head off of the guitar he smashed and also set alight. It was a night to remember as a 16 year old.

WOW!!!!!!! awesome for you!!!!! I was born in 62 I asked my parents if I could see Jimi they laughed at me :D :D :D :D

There are a current artists that are aging....Iv'e never seen these guys but will in January "Black Sabbath with Ozzie" My point is, if you can go to a show "does'nt matter who" GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I had saved all the ticket stubs from all the concerts I've been to "With the exception of " Mannheim Steamroller LOL

• Like 1

Awesome story!  Haven't heard from you in a while...probably just me, but good to hear from you. 

I was unaware of Hendrix in his prime.  3rd year of college in Magnolia, Arkansas.  Great years, but not the sort of place one would hear of Hendrix.  Made do with the Beatles, Three Dog Night, etc, beer, and 10 cent joints brought in by our New Jersey students from Mexico.  Really some pretty good times.

Basically, we were all just trying to avoid the draft.  Didn't work for a lot of us.

Dave

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 2

Awesome story!  Haven't heard from you in a while...probably just me, but good to hear from you. 

I was unaware of Hendrix in his prime.  3rd year of college in Magnolia, Arkansas.  Great years, but not the sort of place one would hear of Hendrix.  Made do with the Beatles, Three Dog Night, etc, beer, and 10 cent joints brought in by our New Jersey students from Mexico.  Really some pretty good times.

Basically, we were all just trying to avoid the draft.  Didn't work for a lot of us.

Dave

Dave....Three Dog Night....Oh Yeah Baby!!!! There use to be a place in Omaha "Peony Park" That they played at. I was maybe 21, with a pregnant wife we went and it was an awesome show...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peony_Park

• Like 1

Well, it will be meaningless to you or anyone here, but for whatever reason I distinctly remember the first time I heard "The Letter" driving on the perimeter road of the Southern State College campus in Magnolia, AR.  No way to figure why one remembers certain things.  Also have a distinct similar weird memory of hearing "Eleanor Rigby" driving on 20th street in Texarkana in the rain in my mother's 1961 Chevy.  That one is slight more understandable in that I was fascinated that the wipers were precisely in time with the music.

Dave

• Like 2

WOW!!!!!!! awesome for you!!!!! I was born in 62 I asked my parents if I could see Jimi they laughed at me :D :D :D :D

There are a current artists that are aging....Iv'e never seen these guys but will in January "Black Sabbath with Ozzie" My point is, if you can go to a show "does'nt matter who" GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I had saved all the ticket stubs from all the concerts I've been to "With the exception of " Mannheim Steamroller LOL

I wish I would've saved my stubs also. I had my bedroom door, front and back covered in stubs. I had a friend that owned a Karma record store and tickets were easy to get.

• Like 2