Strange Question

BigStewMan

• Moderators

Chuck......How about Jubes powered by McIntosh and a nice Tandberg R2R?  Plus a $1500 music allowance per week and a beach house.  We will also throw in an F type Jag and a super model of your choice. 

Trade?

No but can I have the supermodel for a little while ? 

• Moderators

Chuck......How about Jubes powered by McIntosh and a nice Tandberg R2R? Plus a $1500 music allowance per week and a beach house. We will also throw in an F type Jag and a super model of your choice.

Trade?

No but can I have the supermodel for a little while ?

Can I have the Tandberg?

• Like 1

The fallacy is that you think it would be a ten if you chose such and such.  The fact is you don't know how it really would have turned out.

This is partially why no one will ever be able to go back in time. Because if you change anything(in the past) it will change everything(in the present).

Edited by babadono

But just think after this life and you get to heaven you will be able to lead many different lives for trillions of years. Frankly it scares me to death.

JJK

Given the lack of any evidence for such a place I wouldn't worry myself over it.

That's why it's called Faith.

• Like 1

Chuck......How about Jubes powered by McIntosh and a nice Tandberg R2R?  Plus a $1500 music allowance per week and a beach house.  We will also throw in an F type Jag and a super model of your choice. 

Trade?

Now you're talkin'!! Just as I was waxing philosophical .............Damn!

• Like 1

My attitude is that if you start to say "what if (things had gone differently/I had chosen to do things differently/and so on, and so on)", you logically have to say "what if (everything)".

For example, if you think "What if I had become a Formula 1 driver?", you think of the fame and the fortune and the fun of the job, but what if you got killed in your first race? Or if you had become a rock star? You might have died in a helicopter crash, before you got to buy a yacht or marry a supermodel.

Not having a high income means it's unlikely that I'll die in a Ferrari crash or a heli-skiing accident, so that's a benefit of not being rich.

There's a novel that explores the possibilities that come with living several lives. It's called "Replay", by Ken Grimwood, and I found it to be a fascinating read. "Groundhog Day" was sort of a dumbed-down lightweight version of it.

What bothered me about the story was that the protagonist felt that everything he did was pointless, since it would all come to nothing when he died yet again. I take the opposite view, that having so many chances at life is an amazing blessing.

Here's the Wiki page on the story: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replay_(Grimwood_novel)

In an odd twist, the author died of a heart attack at age 59 (the book's character kept dying of heart attacks at age 43), while working on a sequel to the novel. There was no replay for him.

Or maybe he's now in a different time stream from this one. The possibilities are endless.

Edited by Islander
  • Like 1

What bothered me about the story was that the protagonist felt that everything he did was pointless, since it would all come to nothing when he died yet again.

That's sorta the point of the question...but, if when you died, the clock reset to zero and everything happened exactly as it did the first time, and every time for all eternity--would you be happy with that--let's do it again, exactly as it was before?  If no, don't just sit around and mope, start making changes. 

Edited by BigStewMan