How much are these worth? Klipschorns Boston

qwank

Quank, since you sent him an email I won't speculate publicly what I think they are worth.  Let's hope you sent a "reasonable" offer and let's hope the buyer accepts.  B)

I take it you can pick up locally?

Yes, they are about an hour away from me. 

He said he's looking for $2,500. out of my price range, but if anyone is interested, go for it. 

If the cabs aren't beat up, I would say that they are worth up to $3K.  The Walnut looks good and the cane grills do too.  The upgraded drivers and networks would make them more valuable to me as they would definitely sound better and that's what you want anyway. $2K-2.5K would be a steal in my books

If the cabs aren't beat up, I would say that they are worth up to $3K.  The Walnut looks good and the cane grills do too.  The upgraded drivers and networks would make them more valuable to me as they would definitely sound better and that's what you want anyway. $2K-2.5K would be a steal in my books

Disagree with the sounding better thing, Kevin Harmon has an early pair from the 50s and a more modern pair and that is not my experience, ESPECIALLY with the woofers!

I wonder what drivers are in the dog houses?

Roger

Quank, since you sent him an email I won't speculate publicly what I think they are worth.  Let's hope you sent a "reasonable" offer and let's hope the buyer accepts.  B)

I take it you can pick up locally?

Yes, they are about an hour away from me. 

He said he's looking for $2,500. out of my price range, but if anyone is interested, go for it. 

Qwank,

I would get his phone number and contact information and go see them in person at least if you are truly interested.

Personally, I think the guy has huge $$ in his eyes and is dreaming! They have lost their collector appeal and are not as nice a shape as more modern ones in my book.

Go see them, then stay in contact. He will eventually realize that he can not move them at that price!

Roger

Max2,

In my book at least, something is never a "steal" unless you would jump on it yourself at that price!

The OP said he is out, are you going to jump on these? I doubt it!!!

And, shipping should be a non factor as well

Not many on this forum have bought and sold as much big Klipsch on this forum as I have. I know a "steal" when I see one and jump on it, and this is NOT a steal sorry to say :)

Roger

Edited by twistedcrankcammer
  • Like 2

OP - thanks for posting.

Deal, or no deal?  Only a buyer will know (in their own mind) once a transaction is completed.

Condition, upgrades, sonic capability, and associated valuations are all unknowns at this point.  

We are simply guessing with a CL post & a picture.

Khorns have been had for $500 recently, & granted they weren't in the same condition but they can be had more reasonably priced than those in your alert.

Example:

Here is a set close to me for $1950.

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/ele/5303144817.html

Also posted within our alerts here:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/160750-klipschorns-1950-spring-lake-mich/

Edited by Arrow#422

Max2,

In my book at least, something is never a "steal" unless you would jump on it yourself at that price!

The OP said he is out, are you going to jump on these? I doubt it!!!

And, shipping should be a non factor as well

Not many on this forum have bought and sold as much big Klipsch on this forum as I have. I know a "steal" when I see one and jump on it, and this is NOT a steal sorry to say :)

Roger

Agree with Roger, $2.5K is not a "steal" by any means.  More detailed photos of the tops, sides, overall cabinetry would be nice.

• Like 1

OP - thanks for posting.

Deal, or no deal?  Only a buyer will know (in their own mind) once a transaction is completed.

Condition, upgrades, sonic capability, and associated valuations are all unknowns at this point.  

We are simply guessing with a CL post & a picture.

Khorns have been had for $500 recently, & granted they weren't in the same condition, they can be had more reasonably priced.

Here is a set close to me for $1950.

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/ele/5303144817.html

Also posted within our alerts here:

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/160750-klipschorns-1950-spring-lake-mich/

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I've bought, owned and listened to a lot more than you, so I stand by my statement.

It isn't a "steal" unless you yourself would jump in the car right away with money in hand :)

Roger

• Like 1