Why Is Marijuana Banned? The Real Reasons Are Worse Than You Think

MyOwn

I suspect the sale of junk food is also up.

Doritos and Funyuns are not junk food... They are dietary staples for the Marijuana smoker.

On the back of that big bag of Doritos is says one serving about 17 chips.... right..... tell that to someone with a bad case of the munchies :o

MKP :-)

post-58704-0-63760000-1463281877_thumb.j

Edited by MORE KLIPSCH PLEASE
  • Like 1

It's all about the money.  If it's illegal it costs more and there is no taxes paid.  Here in Oregon is seems the price has gone down to the point that some people are even giving it away.    :P

Still no taxes on that that is given away, but it does not support criminal enterprise.

• 1 month later...

I'll let you off lightly with a no comment concerning the obvious.

Absolutely...It's like kids out of high school going to college and drinking way beyond what they are use to.

Here's a good reading...

Front and center was a previously overlooked quotation from former top Nixon adviser John D. Ehrlichman, who died in 1999, but admitted in an interview in 1994 that the administration’s war on drugs was actually a reprehensible scheme to target antiwar protesters and African Americans.

He said, “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/nixons-drug-war-was-and-still-racist-policy-tool-disrupt-and-neutralize-black-communities

Edited by Steve_S

Teenage use is down in Colorado since it has become legalized.

Not disagreeing, but I would read reports like that with a healthy does of skepticism.

In one of my former lives I was in charge of compiling statistics on drug use (also alcohol and tobacco).  The kids are not always truthful in their reporting in such surveys, at least in West Virginia where I did my work.  They take those surveys and just flat lie about their usage, despite the admins telling them to report truthfully.  Believe it or not, some of them don't.

Unless we think there really is 80% usage of heroin, cocaine and Oxycontin by the seniors in some WV high schools.  :rolleyes:

Edited by wvu80

• 2 months later...