Have you ever look at a map of the USA?

The Dude

Question, how many states have all of you visited and which was your favorite.

I have lost count on how many states I've been to...and you really can't grasp how BIG this country is until you drive accross it.

But the two states I lived in for awhile and really liked were...Texas-El Paso....and Washington-Seattle....

Right now I'm stuck in Maryland.....

I'll tell ya were I'm going in May.....alittle town in Arkansas called Hope....they have some factory there were they make speaker's.......

MKP :-)

• Like 3

The mile markers count down as you're heading west here as in most states.  When you enter TX at the Louisiana border on I 10 heading west the mile marker is 880 something.  Basically 880+ miles from one side of the state to the other on the same road.

• Like 1

You mean there are other states?

Keith

It's amazing how many people ask me how long I've been in this country when I tell them I'm from NEW Mexico.

Que?

FUnny thing... when I moved to New Mexico from West Virginia, a lot of folks weren't aware that it wasn't part of Virginia.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Question, how many states have all of you visited and which was your favorite.

A bunch but our favorite is the Tennessee, N Carolina area. California was pretty but we were not strange enough to fit in, or we were just a different kind of strange ?  

• Like 1

• Moderators
Oh I have and love it, next on my list is a place called New Orleans.  Maybe you've heard of it? 

I think I could find it, from what I hear I would need to drive south for an hour. If you and the family ever wanted to go you have a place to stay, just let me know, in case were off trying to find Omaha or something.

Being from Omaha do you need a passport to come down here ?  :o  :P

Going to NO in a little over a week, to catch a boat to go much further south with about 25 friends, Jamaica mon.  :emotion-19:  :emotion-29:  :emotion-46:   :emotion-19:

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

• Moderators
Unfortunately I completely missed the map

We did that also, it's where we moved to.   :blink: When you come here you have to set your watch back 20 years and learn to slow down.

Edited by dtel
  • Like 2

• Moderators

True from looking at maps I thought Alaska was an island off the coast ?

We have a couple of Alaskans living here. :o  :) My brother in law, they left AK about 9 months ago after 20 years and have been traveling the lower states defrosting, and decided to land here and open a business, they got tired of ice/snow/-50 drgrees, they lived close to the North Pole. The town, not  where santa lives, for people not from AK, I didn't know either.  :lol:

Edited by dtel
  • Like 1

37 states here. Lived in 8 of 'em. Favorite? That'd be impossible for me say. Like MKP said the country is huge, and with each parcel so varied by location, climate, geography, and people, it's really difficult to put a finger on.

It's more like "favorite areas", than favorite state. Which also depends on the season, which is why traveling is always part of the plan.

• Like 2

learn to slow down

Tell me about it, when we were in SC (Hilton head island to be exact).  Fast food was so slow, I could have slow smoked some pork ribs faster than they cook a hamburger.  Except for driving, they all thought they were Nascar drivers.