The Easter Bunny Broke My Attic Ladder

japosey

Last night as I tried quietly to get my kids' Easter baskets down from the attic. I began lowering the door and the counter arm broke free from the wooden frame. Thank God, the Easter Bunny wasn't standing on the ladder at the time. I'm hoping I can buy replacement parts rather than having to replace the entire door.

The counter arm bent a few months ago and I've intentionally avoided pulling the door completely open since then. I've used a 6 foot ladder and my upper body when I've needed access lately. Last night I forced the door open a little more tan usual and it popped.

Those ladders come within a wood boxed frame so just pull the nails out remove/drop down the bad one and install a new one. Piece of cake, right? Oh I forgot you have to trim the legs to fit.

JJK

Edited by JJKIZAK
  • Like 1

Those ladders come within a wood boxed frame so just pull the nails out remove/drop down the bad one and install a new one. Piece of cake, right? Oh I forgot you have to trim the legs to fit.

JJK

Agreed.  Don't jack with a broken ladder, replace it.  Gravity is relentless.

JJK

Agreed.  Don't jack with a broken ladder, replace it.  Gravity is relentless.

Gravity always wins :unsure: