Pony Express Central (Shipping Discussion)

The Dude

This pony is back in the stable. While on a road trip, I was able to deliver a receiver for a local forum member (me). Doing so, I was able to meet MookieStl. He had a small something going to Matthews which was also on my way.

Taking a small amount of time on a trip to meet forum members, checking out other's systems, helping someone out makes for a better and more meaningful excursion.  

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

As for the member map, the guestmap service I used to host the member data went belly up, along with the database and information...which was just a username and a zip code.  This was the 2nd attempt of a map/database, the original frappr map from another member is gone as well.  I am unfortunately too busy these days to start another map project and I am also not around nearly as much as I used to be on the forum.

If someone were to undertake the project, I would recommend using something along the lines of POI Edit and save the GPS coordinates of the zip code...this way, the GPS data could be overlayed over a variety of sources like google maps or a even a .ov2 file that could import into a variety of GPS programs. I would not rely on any more hosted map solutions.  This was the exact reason I started the map, I was lucky to get Chris in Las Vegas to tote my Persian Nutwood Corns home for me, but thought it would be nice to know people in a lot more areas.

ACE

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

You probably even drove through Paducah and didn't even stop to say hi. :)  

Actually, we did.... :(

We came back by way of Cape Giradeau. Stayed in the Cape and came through your area pretty early that Sunday. Hope to be doing another dash out there and back soon. 

• 3 weeks later...

I keep pushing exploring the UShip nationwide  option for ( "overweight" or size for most carriers stuff) like BIG speakers and such, because it worked SO well for me and a few others I'm aware of. 

NO crating or packaging needed, "white glove service" w blankets available at decent $.

I could not have been more pleased with the service/ safety of shipment  to $ ratio cost.

Just be discerning checking out the individual specific bidder provider.    Lars

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Karsoncookie said:

I keep pushing exploring the UShip nationwide  option for ( "overweight" or size for most carriers stuff) like BIG speakers and such, because it worked SO well for me and a few others I'm aware of. 

NO crating or packaging needed, "white glove service" w blankets available at decent $.

I could not have been more pleased with the service/ safety of shipment  to $ ratio cost.

Just be discerning checking out the individual specific bidder provider.    Lars

Yep. In this case, they were small. 

It seems that the KPE Shipping would work, but no one seems to have time or space or...

• 2 months later...