Television Series Recommendation

Travis In Austin

I've got a really good one for ya---"The Night Of" on HBO...watched the first episode and it's so good. Written by Richard Price ("Clockers", etc)...excellent cast and dialogue. Check it out, 2nd episode is on tonight at 8pm...or on Demand....

Travis

1st episode was excellent. Getting ready for the 2nd right now.

Tyrant, amazing show that mimics a lot of what is going on today in the world. Homeland is another fantastic series.

For binge watching I suggest Banshee that aired for years on Cinemax. Awesome show, action packed and waaaaaaaaaaay out there.

Tim

Edited by teaman

I'm watching Patriots; Legends and Lies, on Fox News Channel. From Bill O'Reiley, it's good if you like history.

What do you think so far?

I found it informative, accurate and it was presented interestingly.  The show was 30 minutes long and focused on the treason of Benedict Arnold.

As a student of history I already knew the story and I thought the show was historically accurate. 

A scene would be set up such as Arnold's fleeing from West Point after his treason had been discovered.  A typical vingette for example would include a 20 second narrative by Bill O'Reilley or another commentator, then the scene would show Arnold running in the woods being chased by troops, then show his escape to British lines.  It wasn't dull like a simple re-enactment, it was more like illustrated history with commentary.

I enjoyed it.  Short, sweet and hit all the important highlights.

If you like blood and gore and scary stuff, then "Penny Dreadful".

my better half & her daughter had gotten me watching that.  that show is out there a bit.  interesting, but IMO, out there.

I heard that it has been cancelled - maybe no more after this season.  boo hoo.

Edited by -js-