Perhaps I shall be banned

Matthews

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Karsoncookie said:

But to me, really seems like something that was NOT broken, that seemed to be smooth as glass,was supposedly  "fixed"  

A key takeaway here is to just know that just because something doesn't appear "broken" to you, doesn't mean it wasn't. The upgrade was 100% necessary, for reasons I already explained. I know some people don't like change, and that's OK. Comes with the territory. As a web developer, I have to deal with that constantly. Things change daily in my world -- that's not even an exaggeration. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I didn't read anything ban worthy but I can give you a warning point if it will make you feel better.

Yes please :)

...never had one of em'

Wait, no thank you. Lesson learned. Will carry on in nothing but a respectful manner.

Again, AWESOME work, Chad!

• Like 1

I think the stimulus for most of the disappointment gravitated around two things for everybody. First was the fact that the most popular thread wasn't a thread at all, but a question/answer post. Those are sorted by community popularity. I think that is most excellent. Second was the slowness due to the indexing which is taking place. Hopefully that gets finished soon.

This forum does everything the old one does, and a great deal more. It's just getting acclimated that takes time. I have been purposely avoiding the Activity tab because it is slow due to the indexing still taking place. Once that gets done, I expect I will take great joy in using it. It is after all a much more powerful tool for drilling down to what we want without doing a 'Search'.

I think eventually, when the indexing is done, we make a TIPS thread. That way the folks who don't have the energy and time to navigate through all the settings can open the TIPS thread in one tab of their browser while trying those things out in another tab. It may be a bit early for a tips thread, but I would like to see one eventually.

Thanks Chad. I know this is a much better compile for sysoping. I know you all had your hands full with the extreme limitations and bugs in the last release.

• Like 3

While I dont care for the overall look and feel compared to the old Forum, the copy and paste photos is an awesome enhancement. Also, I have been waiting to post this somewhere and now I can just drop it in... Nice.

http://cdn.pophangover.com/wp-content/uploads/butthurt.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Matthews said:

Yes please :)

...never had one of em'

Wait, no thank you. Lesson learned. Will carry on in nothing but a respectful manner.

Again, AWESOME work, Chad!

Oh man...stop all the backing down. Stand your ground. Say something threatening, such as that you hope to straighten this out when you see him in Hope...

You keep this up and you won't get burned...I mean banned. :angry:

:P

• Like 1