When Did We Become So Wimpy On The Forum?

tidmack

3 hours ago, Deang said:

You're an example of what's wrong with this place

Yea Dean, you're right, I'm an example of what's wrong with this place....

I guess I won't be helping anyone find speakers or other gear they may be looking for (not mine) all over the country any longer.

I guess I won't be updating crossovers or cleaning and repairing other gear for anyone, for free, any longer.

I guess I won't be taking an enormous amount of my personal time to pick up and deliver speakers and other gear to others, at my own expense.

I guess I won't be making the pilgrimage to Hope to meet and get to know fellow forum members.

I guess I won't be taking a car load of gear to Hope, in order to demo a few things that others have asked about.

I guess I won't be sending parts and other gear that I can no longer use to other forum members, and asking nothing in return.

I guess I won't be donating money to other forum members who may have fallen on difficult times.

I guess I won't be attending any local get together's, so that we can know each other and form friendships.

So Dean, go ahead, please continue to characterize me as someone who is a detriment to this forum. Be my guest.  Have a nice day.

• Klipsch Employees
On September 6, 2016 at 1:48 PM, Deang said:

Just a suggestion, but since this thread got moved, why not clean up the pinned threads while you're at it. 

Jubilee threads in the 2-channel and Technical sections should be moved to the "just Jubs" sub-forum." It's the right place for them. 

I've never understood why Marshall's date code and other threads are split between 2-Channel and Technical (there's nothing "technical" about them) - wouldn't the General section make more sense.

Amy's thread regarding the Garage Sale section is four years old. It's on 2-channel - which made sense then, but doesn't make much sense now. It could probably be deleted at this point.

No. Above your pay grade

• Klipsch Employees
18 hours ago, DrWho said:

Aye, but it's the previous generation that gave birth to that sensitive don't hurt anyone's feelings crap.....the millenials are the first generation to experience it in its full fruition. And it's not that any one person in the older generation is sensitive on everything. Each person picks their line that they won't allow to be crossed....until we have a culture full of all these lines, each drawn by individuals.

That's why having multiple moderators sucks so much....especially the volunteer types that want to prove their worth to the world. There is no clear boundary to push....the resultant culture here is just boring.

Think about why a show like Top Gear was so much more popular and genuinely more interesting with Jeremy Clarkson as the host versus the new cast.

Hey doc. I can be a moderator. Some people I know won't like but too bad. Ha ha. 

• Like 2

Sput,
I must say I miss the banter between you and Duke.  For the record, I never even knew where the AV stuff was.  I was the captain of the percussion section however, when not playing soccer.  Band was also one of those convenient coed activities.  Soccer had its groupies though.

• Like 1

• Klipsch Employees
6 hours ago, Honeybadger said:

I have been following this forum for years, I was member before the forum shift.

Seems to me that several well known contributors left this forum, or rarely post due to being

hounded and badgered. Its a real shame because a few of these contributors have valid

opinions eagerly dismissed because their opinions differ from that of the self appointed

Klipsch Clergy.

Few more names to look out for: Bob Crites used to participate, share projects, was immensely helpful. Now Bob post minimally and rarely shares info about new projects. Anyone remember the birth of the Cornscala "Bobs test box" ?     Al Klappenberger (ALK) was very helpful, though could not(agree to disagree). Al used to say pick your experts wisely.

NOS Valves used to post a lot, (Very Helpful) I see Craig is back, but not the same.

Forum member I cant remember the name something "D" designed and built a speaker called the Jamboree.

What happened to DJK was kind of a jerk, but great projects, and wise.

I do miss Amy, good person and fair moderator. +++++

I guess all of these members just have personal agenda's nothing legitimate to add or share.

Congrats to all that contributed to chase these members away.

I was probably one of those that chased them away. I don't like fake experts and I don't like people coming on the klipsch forum and putting down our design engineers and peddling their own magic crap. I for one will hope to affect the end of the peddlers who come on here to the klipsch forum and talk about so called upgrades to our speakers. Upgrades?  That really takes a lot gall. You just better be damn glad that paul was not younger when this forum started or you would think I am angel compared to what he would tell the peddlers.  

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

I was probably one of those that chased them away. I don't like fake experts and I don't like people coming on the klipsch forum and putting down our design engineers and peddling their own magic crap. I for one will hope to affect the end of the peddlers who come on here to the klipsch forum and talk about so called upgrades to our speakers. Upgrades?  That really takes a lot gall. You just better be damn glad that paul was not younger when this forum started or you would think I am angel compared to what he would tell the peddlers.  

• Like 1

We have a "Jubs Only" sub forum - and somehow - it doesn't make sense to move the Jubilee threads to the appropriate sub forum - which gets virtually NO traffic whatsoever. Moving these threads would increase activity on the Jubilee forum. 

The other pinned threads need be moved around too (for the reasons I mentioned). 

Roy, I guess you should start by banning the vendors, and then banning anyone that promotes the services of a vendor. That'll put a stop to the insanity! Don't forget the DIY modifications - have to kill those too. Put a stop to everything - that's the spirit!

So who has "the agenda"?

A Type AA or Type A built with the parts I use is not "magic crap". That's messed up. Yea, I'm sure PWK would have hated them. Like you, he may have said there is a better way, but I don't think he would have disrespected the build like you do - it's a good sounding filter!

2 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

Maybe you were, I wouldn't know.

I have no idea who you are, but angel is not how I would describe you.