When Did We Become So Wimpy On The Forum?

tidmack

5 hours ago, Chief bonehead said:

Hey doc. I can be a moderator. Some people I know won't like but too bad. Ha ha. 

Haha, weren't you a moderator at one point? Isn't that Queen Bee gone that banned you? You should have Chad get right on that....

• Klipsch Employees
14 hours ago, Deang said:

We have a "Jubs Only" sub forum - and somehow - it doesn't make sense to move the Jubilee threads to the appropriate sub forum - which gets virtually NO traffic whatsoever. Moving these threads would increase activity on the Jubilee forum. 

The other pinned threads need be moved around too (for the reasons I mentioned). 

Roy, I guess you should start by banning the vendors, and then banning anyone that promotes the services of a vendor. That'll put a stop to the insanity! Don't forget the DIY modifications - have to kill those too. Put a stop to everything - that's the spirit!

So who has "the agenda"?

A Type AA or Type A built with the parts I use is not "magic crap". That's messed up. Yea, I'm sure PWK would have hated them. Like you, he may have said there is a better way, but I don't think he would have disrespected the build like you do - it's a good sounding filter!

Deano. You should be in politics. You have a knack for twisting things around. Follow the bouncing ball.... Anyone wants to make something... Fine. Go promote it somewhere else. Pretty simple huh?

and heck yes I have an agenda...to promote KLIPSCH products on the KLIPSCH forum.  

on something a lot more important, you doing ok?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Chief bonehead said:

...to promote KLIPSCH products on the KLIPSCH forum.  

on something a lot more important, you doing ok?

C'mon--I wasn't going to comment on this thread until I saw the Honeybadger, Rock Star and Roy all commenting on it and the only one I haven't seen is that tubes guy and this would be like that 'political' thread that transitioned the forum into what it is today--Of course seeing OT comment made me see what was going on and this truly was the kind of discussion you guys would have and I contend it wasn't in the BS or No BS forum.

Anyway hope all of you guys are doing well including that ol' honey badger who really stirs up the compost right when it seems to need it.  {Note: No emoticons as not to offend--Ha!}

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 0:35 PM, tidmack said:

I'm beginning the search to purchase a pair of Jubilees. In an attempt to save me a whole bunch of time, I've been reading old threads about the seemingly endless configurations of the Jubilee. In that search through old threads, I've realized how much this forum has changed over the last 16 years.

Most notably, I feel like I have to "read into" posts & threads a lot more, now. Although the arguments could get pretty nasty, years ago, guys would post their technical results, ear results, and explain why X was better than Y. Now, I feel like there's an awful lot of tiptoe-ing going on and not nearly as much actual comparison of drivers, networks, and amps.

When did a bunch of super knowledgable Boomers and GenXers get so soft?  <----tongue in cheek, of course.

Have a great Labor Day.

Jeff

No one really addressed your observation in the thread 

Modding your Klipsch speakers is being frowned upon these days here in the forum.  Open minds on aftermarket drivers, horns, networks, etc. is becoming taboo and is insulting for a few believe it or not.  Its been said here many times recently, there are no improvements to made with the Klipsch offerings, it only makes them "different" and they are no longer deemed a Klipsch speaker.  

• Like 1

I love Klipsch!

Call it what you want but my "changes" sound a lot better.  Would they be deemed correct as in a flat response and many other factors that I don't even begin to understand or even know about?  Maybe not... but at the least these improvements are of a one step back but two steps forward nature.  It would be great if those with the knowledge and tools could helps us find out more.  Even better would be if they work to discover new objective measurements that can accurately predict or explain what our ears are already telling us.  

Is it in the interest of Klipsch Group, Inc. to allow such "upgrade" conversations or even encourage them?  I think yes!  You are promoting and building a brand loyalty like few other companies.  Do you understand how fewer Klipsch products I would own if not for this forum?  Do you know how many people I talk to and tell them to buy your products?  I'm just one person but I imagine this same scenario among many members here.

If I wasn't interested in tinkering and learning and hearing others opinions I wouldn't be here. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Max2 said:

No one really addressed your observation in the thread 

Modding your Klipsch speakers is being frowned upon these days here in the forum.  Open minds on aftermarket drivers, horns, networks, etc. is becoming taboo and is insulting for a few believe it or not.  Its been said here many times recently, there are no improvements to made with the Klipsch offerings, it only makes them "different" and they are no longer deemed a Klipsch speaker.  

I think it is a balance between respecting the original intent of the engineers and the reality that you are often purchasing a 20-40 year old piece of electronic equipment where there are obvious parts like the capacitors that need to be upgraded and replaced. Klipsch really has two options as a company to deal with this, they can be like Ferrari and discourage any modifications to suit personal taste or be more like Jeep who knows that many of their customers are going to mod their products and consider themselves a platform to allow this knowing it will drive more business. I probably would not have bought my LaScalas if I didnt know there was a large amount of aftermarket support, especially since you cant just ship your old crossover boards back to Klipsch to have them service them. As muel stated, this builds brand loyalty and the reality is the regular members of this forum are the core base and ambassadors of the Klispch product line. If anyone ever asks what kind of HT or stereo speakers they should buy, what do you think is the first and only brand I recommend and have the knowledge to sell it to them? I almost got one of the guys at my last job to buy a whole suit of Klipsch pro-audio gear for his new HT but he ended up leaving before we could put it together.

• Like 2

So what's a person to do to keep them "Klipsch" speakers? I acquired Belles a couple of years ago with AB networks and K-77 tweeters. I can't order new crossovers from Klipsch nor the capacitors to bring them back to spec. Both my tweeters went out and Klipsch does not offer replacement tweeters or diaphragms. I replaced them with Crites CT-120's so I guess they are no longer Klipsch speakers.

I guess my point is until Klipsch offers factory replacement parts, no one should be faulted for replacing something that Klipsch does not provide. Having said that, I get the point with all the mods available that change a speakers dynamics / FR from the way PWK (or Roy) intended but parts wear out so you gotta do what you gotta do to keep a 3 way a 3 way.

I'm really enjoying my 2/3rds Belles :)

• Like 2