When Did We Become So Wimpy On The Forum?

tidmack

5 minutes ago, jwc said:

How much did u spend?  With that extra dough....u may have been able to buy reference series from the beginning. 

Just a thought

If you're talking to me---what difference does it make?  That's not the point.

I see many people on this forum that spend thousands of dollars that have "upgrades" performed.

Just to answer you question--I have 3 Synergies across the front sound stage for the cost of one 

reference speaker---being disabled I have to pick and choose how I spend my money.

I have no regrets upgrading my speakers and they sound pretty dam good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anarchist said:

One would have to be delusional to think there is going to be a great influx of young males joining this forum and sticking around: (1) They listen to digital audio so they generally can't tell the difference between a $10K speaker and a boom box in their trunk, (2) they don't have the necessary levels of disposable income, and (3) they have been raised in a commodity based society where everything is disposable.  Many don't have the attention span to appreciate listening to a set of high-end speakers.

These are dumb generalizations. Digital audio has been around since the first CD hit shelves and there's plenty of fart sniffing audiophiles that won't touch another medium. And there's MORE than a few snobs in the computer audio scene. 20-30 somethings have plenty of disposable income - the concept of shoving money into a sock, grinding away for 40 years with your head down, and then magically enjoying life at the age of 65 doesn't exist for our newer generations. #3 is just dumb. Plenty of baby boomers swapping gear around here, going for the latest year model Corvette.

Attention span has nothing to do with it. We're just tired of elitist old guys telling us how things should be done, because that's how it's always been done - whether we're talking about audio, business acumen, life choices, whatever..

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jwc said:

How much did u spend?  With that extra dough....u may have been able to buy reference series from the beginning. 

Just a thought

When do you think that extra dough appeared?  Some of us might wait until we had enough to get the ultimate product we can afford, especially if we already had something decent in the first place.  Others might not be in that position. 

2 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

These are dumb generalizations. Digital audio has been around since the first CD hit shelves and there's plenty of fart sniffing audiophiles that won't touch another medium. And there's MORE than a few snobs in the computer audio scene. 20-30 somethings have plenty of disposable income - the concept of shoving money into a sock, grinding away for 40 years with your head down, and then magically enjoying life at the age of 65 doesn't exist for our newer generations. #3 is just dumb. Plenty of baby boomers swapping gear around here, going for the latest year model Corvette.

Attention span has nothing to do with it. We're just tired of elitist old guys telling us how things should be done, because that's how it's always been done - whether we're talking about audio, business acumen, life choices, whatever..

Son...let me tell you how it's done.

• Like 1

If factory parts were available to purchase maybe it would entice more people to keep their Klipsch products all Klipsch by using factory parts instead of having to use aftermarket stuff, yeah maybe some will build their own but very few can build them properly so the risk is minor.

Better to sell some parts than nothing at all and any imitation should be seen as a form of flattery and don't forget the free advertisement provided.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jason str said:

If factory parts were available to purchase maybe it would entice more people to keep their Klipsch products all Klipsch by using factory parts instead of having to use aftermarket stuff, yeah maybe some will build their own but very few can build them properly so the risk is minor.

Better to sell some parts than nothing at all and any imitation should be seen as a form of flattery and don't forget the free advertisement provided.

Agreed--I have called Klipsch for parts--They're gonna get back to me.---I'll give em another Year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rebuy said:

Agreed--I have called Klipsch for parts--They're gonna get back to me.---I'll give em another Year.

Years ago Klipsch would bend over backwards for their customers, now not so much.

My first pair of Chorus II's sucked the screen of my television to the sides, called Klipsch to purchase bucking magnets and was a bit short of cash that week and parts guy tells me no problem i can sell them to you for that ( i was $25 short or something like that).

Now that is what i call support.

• Like 1

Dumb question.........

If Klipsch thinks it's a bad idea to modify their speakers then why is there a forum for "technical/modifications" that states: "updating and modifying older speakers" ?

Maybe it should just be "updating" as was suggested earlier.

There seems to be Forum Members who are saying the same---No Mods or Upgrades.

It's Not a Klipsch Speaker---Let's just do away with the "Tech/Mods" feature here on the Forum.

NO UPDATING---IF IT WAS GOOD ENOUGH THEN--IT SHOULD BE GOOD NOW.

i don't think Klipsch is against technical mods or updates. I've only spent two factory tours and a couple of long weekends with Roy, but my impressions are that he's a guy that is confident in his knowledge of Paul's designs, very confident in the knowledge of his own designs, and is simply unafraid to talk plainly and express his opinion regarding that which is eschewed by boutique vendors around here. surely no one else is prone to act in such a manner around here.  ಠ_ಠ

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

i don't think Klipsch is against technical mods or updates. I've only spent two factory tours and a couple of long weekends with Roy, but my impressions are that he's a guy that is confident in his knowledge of Paul's designs, very confident in the knowledge of his own designs, and is simply unafraid to talk plainly and express his opinion regarding that which is eschewed by boutique vendors around here. surely no one else is prone to act in such a manner around here.  ಠ_ಠ

Need a "love" button for this comment!