When Did We Become So Wimpy On The Forum?

tidmack

• Moderators
5 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

http://www.hdforums.com/

Click the link that says "sponsoring vendors". It's under the forum tab.

It doesn't appear to be an official HD forum, it is run by Internet Brands.  It is covered in ads.  One was Nationwide insurance, pretty good for a HD site, another was ford trucks, great for hauling.

1 minute ago, dwilawyer said:

It doesn't appear to be an official HD forum, it is run by Internet Brands.  It is covered in ads.  One was Nationwide insurance, pretty good for a HD site, another was ford trucks, great for hauling.

That's typical.  Car forums are pretty much the same.  I doubt that many motor related forums are company sponsored. 

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

ah man, i always though Elden loved us...so, we’re just the standbys for the nights that Roy goes to the movies or something?

Nope not at all, but as many here know good friends are hard to come by.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, twk123 said:

Since we are talking about the site, we should lower the No BS forum entry to 1000 posts.

Fwiw, I really don't think the number of posts should have anything to do with it because it seems most folks who reach that level on the main forum don't actually enjoy discussing politics--That's my take.

18 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Just be warned it should be called Total BS.

Why?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wvu80 said:

I hope the line does not blur on this site between moderation and censorship.

As long as COMMENTS DON'T GET PERSONAL a little disagreement or arguing (defending both sides of an issue) keeps the forums interesting.

I totally agree but when it comes to hot button issues folks seem to get hot real fast and disparaging remarks start to flow pretty quickly.

1 minute ago, dtel's wife said:

Yes we are!  

It must be nice...i’m not so blessed.  Know a lot of people, they all seem to like me; but, few ever seem to reach the “good friend” level.  I must take part of the blame, i’m not the most sociable person that’s ever walked the earth. 

11 hours ago, USNRET said:

it's just the Coast Guard thing...............

one day, the chief is on the phone with our detailer (assignment officer in DC). Knowing that she hated my guts, i asked the chief, “did she mention me?”  He smiled and said, as a matter of fact, she said that if you were tour complete, she’d send you where the sun don’t shine.”  I said, “I’m standing in Michigan--she already did."

He advised me, “You don’t want to send a dream sheet while that women is at that desk.”  Fortunately, she got promoted and transferred before i was due to rotate.  Her replacement gave me two choices “Boston or Los Angeles/Long Beach”  I asked about San Francisco and San Diego and each time he’d repeat First District or Eleventh District, after the third time i figured i should pick while he’s still giving me choice. 

• Like 3