When Did We Become So Wimpy On The Forum?

tidmack

Not that anyone particularly cares what I think, but...

Isn't "updating/upgrading" one of the key staples of this hobby?  Aren't we in a perpetual state of upgrading and updating equipment and gear of all kinds and varieties in search for our own perspective perfect sound?  That includes the guts of gear, key components within a system, drivers, cables and interconnects - hell even house wiring all the way to the pole.

That being said, there surely is a purpose for that which is stock, and there's certainly a reason.  You can't deny that some modified Klipsch speakers sound downright gnarly.  Likewise, there are some other mods that are just plain stupid.  Surely those of you who remember the RF-7's with the random set of drivers at the feet understand...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

i don't think Klipsch is against technical mods or updates. I've only spent two factory tours and a couple of long weekends with Roy, but my impressions are that he's a guy that is confident in his knowledge of Paul's designs, very confident in the knowledge of his own designs, and is simply unafraid to talk plainly and express his opinion regarding that which is eschewed by boutique vendors around here. surely no one else is prone to act in such a manner around here.  ಠ_ಠ

Who is a "Boutique Vendor" here?

I really don't know

1 minute ago, rebuy said:

I do not know---is this why he can say the things he says?

Please inform the Masses of him

His name is Roy Delgado. Roy worked directly with Paul for many many years. He designed the Jubilee. He leads development efforts for Klipsch Pro equipment now. He's sort of a big deal. (His apartment smells of rich mahogany and he has many leather bound books)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dtel's wife said:

Are you serious?  

Perhaps so sweetie (did I type that out loud?) Chief / Roy is NOT known to everyone that has not enjoyed a Coors Light with him.  I believe that there is a linky to the mods somewhere perhaps a little Bio of them might be useful.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

His name is Roy Delgado. Roy worked directly with Paul for many many years. He designed the Jubilee. He leads development efforts for Klipsch Pro equipment now. He's sort of a big deal. (His apartment smells of rich mahogany and he has many leather bound books)

Have I told you lately how much you make me smile!  

First post in this near dozen page, thrill packed thread but guys, is it really expected that Klipsch carry a complete inventory of parts for products that are 20, 30, 40 years old? Other than the cabinetry and engineering I venture all remaining components were and are outsourced. It's physically and economically impossible; and obsolescence trumps them all. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

OH--I'm not worthy to talk to him----We're not Worthy, We're Not Worthy---Hahahaha