college FB 16/ NFL PLAYOFFS 2017

wvu80

On 11/14/2016 at 7:15 AM, DizRotus said:

If Michigan does not lose to Indiana; if Ohio State does not lose to Michigan State, the winner of Buckeyes vs. Wolverines will probably be in the CFP.  The danger to both teams is looking beyond next Saturday.

Those are not insignificant "ifs."  The Hoosiers are probably a better team than the Hawkeyes.  If Speight is not healthy, and if Michigan doesn't play better than they did against Iowa, losing to Indiana is a distinct possibility.

The possibility of OSU losing to MSU in East Lansing is much less likely.  The Spartans are banged up.  Their freshman starting left guard, Tyler Higby, is out for the duration, which is a metaphor for the season. Nonetheless, Urban must convince his team to come ready to play MSU on Saturday.  

Harbaugh and Meyer must coach their teams beyond next week's "trap games."  If UM and OSU don't take care of business next week, the game the following week loses impact.  Wisconsin might be the team to represent B1G in CFP.

Michigan vs. Western Michigan in a bowl game becomes closer to reality.  That would be a nightmare for Michigan, but a windfall for WMU.  Personally, I'd like to see a playoff for the championship of the State of Michigan.

Don't be fooled - O'Korn is more than capable (6'4" - 210lbs), that guy has a canon for an arm and he's faster than Speight. Speight is stronger, bigger, harder to bring down - your new prototype Professional QB (6'6", 235-240lbs and a strong arm). Michigan is deep at all positions but the Iowa game is the one game I had circled other than Ohio State (glad it's not being played at night). 

Michigan will be deep at QB for a few years 

Speight and O'Korn are Juniors

Brandon Peters - current Red Shirt Freshman

Dylan McCaffery - 2017 commit. 

Also the Hawkeyes where ranked at the beginning of the season - they were expected to be better than they've performed. That was also Michigan's first Night/Cold game of the year (without a side line big enough to keep the QB warmed up ....I've always liked the psychology behind Iowa...maybe that's why Michigan hasn't won there since '01 I believe).

Here's the rub - if Ohio State beats Michigan - Penn St wins out - they (Penn St) win the B1G  East!!! http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2016/11/ohio_state_big_ten_tiebreaker.html

Ohio State needs help - and they have to depend on Rutgers and MSU to give it to them. 

If Ohio State loses to either Michigan St or Michigan - Michigan wins the B1G east - they are the only team that controls their own destiny. 

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

My sarcasm meter has fresh batteries.  JJK seems to be implying that Trent Richardson would be a poor choice, given his NFL bust, to return to Alabama to advise the current team.  His advice would be suspect.  I could be wrong, but that's what I inferred from JJK's posts.  

In any case, Alabama deserves to be #1 until they are beaten.  Even one loss would only put them on an equal footing with everyone but WMU, which doesn't count.

Alabama sets the standard, at least for now.

Yes, you were correct in your assumptions.

This is not the year to root for Michigan State, unless you need their help as a spoiler.

I never cared for Ohio st. Yes i would like to see big ten win the national title. But, i dont know where i am going with this. A underdog win would be cool. Go Michigan St!!!!
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Louisville got blown out by an unranked Houston squad last night and everybody was watching. That was not a Heisman performance by L.J., so instead of literally sewing up that award, he left it on the table for somebody else to win. Time will tell. 

Remember that the Huston coach came over from Ohio State offensive coordinator position which he crafted the great offensive schemes and then Ohio State tanked somewhat thereafter.

JJK

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Cmon Sparty.  Keep the pressure on.

They went for 2 and didn't make it, are behind by 1.

Two minutes left and Mich State has the ball.

===

Oops, int by Ohio State.  Victory formation, game over.

Moral victory by MSU?  Will they knock OSU out of the #2 national ranking?  The only thing that matters is you don't want to be #4, since #1 plays #4.