college FB 16/ NFL PLAYOFFS 2017

wvu80

16 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

If I were a gambling man, I'd take Mich St. and the points.

I would agree with that.  Michigan may want revenge for last years debacle, but State has relatively nothing to play for the rest of the year, other than this game....I think it will be fairly close.

Looks like Mich State just beat the spread.  Keep in mind these things are not necessarily forecasts of the likely final score, but merely a function of how much money goes to either side.  In this case, there seems to have been an over abundance of money going to the Mich side, hence the 24.5 point spread.  College sports are more susceptible to distortions due to the enthusiastic boosters involved.

• Like 1

Michigan beat several large spreads this season, but not today.  They are a very good team, but I feel #2 is an exaggeration.  Alabama is #1, but the rest are yet to be determined.

Ohio State barely beat Northwestern after losing to Penn State.  Even so, Michigan will need to step it up to beat the Buckeyes, which is a better balanced team than the Spartans.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Michigan beat several large spreads this season, but not today.  They are a very good team, but I feel #2 is an exaggeration.  Alabama is #1, but the rest are yet to be determined.

Well, somebody has to be #2!  Who else is there?  :huh:

28 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Ohio State barely beat Northwestern after losing to Penn State.  Even so, Michigan will need to step it up to beat the Buckeyes, which is a better balanced team than the Spartans.

I think we are agreeing here, after losing to Penn State, Ohio State needs some style points to get back into the national championship talk and they didn't get it done today.  Do you think a win over Michigan will be enough to vault them into the top 4?