This is me...

HDBRbuilder

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Schu said:

I found some of these oldies but goodies... I used to have many more

5614072816_f4f6c24b0c_o.jpg

I was going to ask you if you were a skater when I saw your right shoe in the photo with the guitar.  Now  I know

3 hours ago, DizRotus said:

This is circa 1965.  I'm on the bottom.  The 95#er from the wrestling team is the juggler.  Took a lot of grief the next day in school.

unicycle.thumb.jpg.a87898fcb40740860e6e7c8a59160ca3.jpg

You and @Coytee have a lot in common

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Everyone was Kung Fu fighting  . . . .

Do you still have that plaque with the mission patches?

Absolutely... my family was aerospace from 1960+. Rockwell and douglas from Apollo thru Space shuttle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

You and @Coytee have a lot in common

Yep....  in my case, I did both.  Rode a 10' and wrestled at 132# in HS.  Please disregard the whiskers.

They (Mini Circus) also had what they called a Bedstead.  I rode that in the Indianapolis 500 Parade one year as well. (we were in that parade a couple times)

cool memories.

Bedstead.jpg

Mini Circus0026.jpg

Mini Circus0061.jpg

Mini Circus0074.jpg

Mini Circus 4.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Coytee said:

Yep....  in my case, I did both.  Rode a 10' and wrestled at 132# in HS.  Please disregard the whiskers.

They (Mini Circus) also had what they called a Bedstead.  I rode that in the Indianapolis 500 Parade one year as well. (we were in that parade a couple times)

cool memories.

Bedstead.jpg

Mini Circus0026.jpg

Mini Circus0061.jpg

Mini Circus0074.jpg

Mini Circus 4.jpg

Very cool. My Dad was in a few Indy 500 parades in his all original 1929 Ford Model A, probably a few years before your time.

On February 26, 2017 at 6:31 AM, Ceptorman said:

Awesome pic....you must have had great balance to do that.

Thanks.

The operative word is "had," while I can still wobble on a unicycle, I now trip over crosswalk stripes. 

That photo was taken the first day we mastered that stunt earlier that day. Bob was riding it home with bags of groceries in his arms, when a photographer from The Grand Haven Daily Tribune spotted him and asked to take a picture.  Bob told him, "You ain't seen nothin' yet," and called me to meet them to do the new trick.  As @BigStewMan, aka Steve, can attest from his USCG service in Grand Haven, it doesn't take much to make the front page of the Tribune.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Coytee said:

I always wanted to try a taller unicycle, but I never rode one that had a chain.  It's, "like riding a bike," after decades, I stopped a kid on Beaver Island and borrowed his unicycle to prove to myself and my companions that I could still ride one.

I resisted the urge to put the kid in a guillotine to demonstrate geriatric wrestling skills.  We do have something in common.  I wrestled 145# - 180# in high school and 167# in college.  I'll never see 167# again, I envy your ability to maintain your fightin' weight at 132#. :-)

Don't envy me...  I was (a bit over weight) at about 180 lbs about 3 years ago...  (life, cooking....)

Then, in about seven months, my weight took a nose dive and got down to 129, LESS than my HS wrestling weight!  I was even able to fit into my wife's jeans.

I posted a thread here on the forum, let everyone think it was a 'stock chart' when in fact, it was my weight chart.  Asking what others would do?  Buy?  Sell?  Hold?

I mentioned that I was "all in" and curious on opinions....  the bulk of them were, sell it, it's a dog with no sign of bouncing back up!

sigh

(I had an internal infection which took about 1 1/2 years to clear up)

Today, I'm right at 145/150 and under Dr's orders to do what I can to add weight so, I get to eat candy every day, sometimes start a meal at Steak & Shake with a chocolate milkshake before eating...

I have not tried a unicycle since elementary school days.  I FEEL like I could jump on and at least move forward.  I wouldn't be able to go backwards or down steps like we used to....  (not without some practice anyway) but I live on a gravel road and don't have any pavement or concrete to try so I haven't bought another one.

• Like 1