Vinyl - Record Spinning

Full Range

15 hours ago, Full Range said:

I have just about exhausted my LP record collection apart from my Greek  language , ballroom dance, soundtrack and the remaining classical records 

Its been a few years and approx 1000 LPs that I have posted on the forum 

So I will be sorting and posting about some well known artists as time allows 

Today a sample record from a record label 

Title - A Taste Of Polydor 

BE557-ED1-1330-47-B6-B011-F82-E20-FAF6-C

grafik.png.021a67cbae86d177594c23b11c24a964.png  Bert Kaempfert lived a life for music, has released more than 200 records - and holds a record that no one will break anytime soon

grafik.png.299436eb9542bd5640d71664d8de1efc.png

Listed here are the most successful releases and the chart positions in the German speaking countries as well as in Great Britain and the USA. Last was able to place 162 albums in these charts in six different decades from 1964 to 2011. 13 albums reached number one in Germany and two albums in Austria (charts since 1973).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hmmm, Saturday night in here...  Hmmmm.  Watching a lil Wisconsin football this evening and puttin.  Picked up a pair of bass speakers for my 81 Heresy's from @Fido so tinkerin around putting them in.  Great guy and a smooth sale.  Packed well and arrived in great condition so now it's on me.  Buddy stopped by to kill time and saw me on a mission.  Told him the story about the cat falling thru the one and showed him.  Couldn't believe I was replacing the speakers.  At times I think there's just no hope for him.  hahaha  :)  

Ok, both speakers sitting on the table, one of which is face down on a blanket.  The cat jumped on the table and walked over to the other one and started eyeballing it so I knocked her off the table.  As I'm changing out the torn one I look down and yup now the cat is laying on a chair watching me.  Anyone want a cat?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, baron167 said:

Some say it’s a perfect album. I have listened to it on different formats a lot over the years. Here’s to the vinyl version. Cheers
d7079e4bdda8b49d7ebe6393786ea817.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I just looked it up on YouTube.  I know I've heard that song but its been years and years and years.  Definitely going to have to check that album out. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You have hooked me into some Jimi 

I have traveled back to 1967 and the era of fine psychedelic music

No introduction needed 

This is my 1967 US copy and still sounds hot off the press (of) 

Artist - Jimi Hendrix Experience 

Title - Are You Experienced 

Album ID https://www.discogs.com/The-Jimi-Hendrix-Experience-Are-You-Experienced/release/1435384

A0915760-0006-4436-98-E7-ED86-C45-D7-C3-

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

European release is different from US release.. I think Red House and Stone Free are on the European release. I have the American version.

@Dave1290

Don't need more cats. Since I stated I dinna want more, we got 6 [more]. These 3 from the neighbor who passed, 1 stray and the 2 bottle babies that I raised....

One of my 10 cent lp's

• Like 5

lazy sunday afternoon , typical november weather ....windy , rainy , cloudy ...time for Jan Akkermann , co - founder and guitarist from former " FOCUS "

From the Basement , 1986 ,also  Interesting is his adaptation from Bob Dylan´s "  All along the Watchtower ....

353833388_JA2.thumb.jpg.020421fa4c0faf017cec6ab26cb19510.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Full Range said:

@MicroMara  This dude hit the singles charts 361 times between 1931 and 1965, including 40 number one hits

Find me a modern artist that’s even close to that 🤪

& with the possible exceptions of Burl Ives and Doris Day the most beloved Christmas Carols ever!

Edited by JohnJ
carlos???? really msft, Christmas carlos? f'n windoze input experience cannot be turned off!!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2