Where was your Rig manufactured

richieb

I'm sitting here looking at my collection of speakers and electronics and am happy and proud that nearly each piece was manufactured in the good 'ol USA. All 6 amps, both tube and SS and all Klipsch speakers are made in Hope the exception being the 2 Klipsch sound bars made in China. Two CD players are made in Japan which for me is a good thing for overall hi-fi quality and sound. Just an observation but with the flood of Chinese gear over the past 10-15 years I've managed a collection of great sounding American made gear. 

• Moderators

Our Klipsch we actually use were made in the USA.              

MWM/402 horn, 4 Forte ll's. 2 original Forte's, 2 Cornwalls lll's, Heresy's two pair 1 and 2,....some we don't use, RB-75's  probably china but will be gone soon, some in ceilings never used probably china.

For HT, AVR is Pioneer, probably china, my last was Yamaha and it said made in Malaysia. 

BR player samsung china I guess

TV Vizio probably china

For 2 CH

DAC  china

Ev DX-38 made in Germany

Crown D-75 amps x 2 made in the USA, it says so on the back, I was a little surprised.

I am more concern with the quality of the gear more than I am with where they made.  I see where the OP is proud of made in the good ol' USA!  There are benefits to our local and national economy but, some good quality gear can come from other countries.

• Like 1

My thread was more observation than a commentary on American made vs. all others. I've owned Chinese gear on more than one occasion and its all been pretty decent stuff. Just so happens at this juncture nearly all my gear is US made. Nothing to read between the lines here.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, willland said:

Klipsch---USA/China

Acurus---USA

Revel---USA

Onkyo---Malaysia

NAD---China

Cambridge Audio---China

Yamaha---China

SVS---China

Oppo---China

Samsung---Mexico

Bill

My NAD preamp was made in Taiwan and not England, serves me right for assuming.

My guess is the H/K 730 is made in some foreign place as well.

Everything else was right at least, much comes from sweat labor out of the shop as well.

3 minutes ago, jason str said:

My NAD preamp was made in Taiwan and not England, serves me right for assuming.

I did have an NAD 925THX amp that was made in USA so maybe others were too as well as England.

Bill

Klipsch KP-201 manufactured in the US, and I believe Adcom manufactured here when they made my preamp. Sub 12, my DAC and my Emotiva A-300 were all made in China.

That's all my daily listening, but I also have a pair of KG 5.2s and an Adcom GFA-535 amp that were made here (or so I believe the Adcom was.) Synergy F-20, RP-280F, and (I believe) Adcom 7607 were all made in China. All my sources (PC, Wii U, Famicom Mini, Nintendo Switch) were all made in China.

Oh, and my Schiit USB Decrapifier was made here! It's a $100 box of what's-it-do, but it did help remove some noise. (Though if anybody's wondering, it doesn't do anything for USB ground noise)