Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Brac

What I Got Today!

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

The ones you scored from Jim are in great condition, which make them sound even better.

Ah......synesthesia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommendation....Bob makes a great crossover...but the 4 Velcro pieces SUCK....do yourself a favor and go to one of the big hardware stores.....buy the 2 inch by 4 inch industrial grade hook and loop (Velcro)...you won't be sorry.

 

Believe me ...if you don't you will be doing it later..

 

Enjoy the crossovers.

 

George

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, oldred said:

Recommendation....Bob makes a great crossover...but the 4 Velcro pieces SUCK....do yourself a favor and go to one of the big hardware stores.....buy the 2 inch by 4 inch industrial grade hook and loop (Velcro)...you won't be sorry.

 

Believe me ...if you don't you will be doing it later..

 

Enjoy the crossovers.

 

George

 

That's good advice.  I'll do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

@CECAA850

 

Oh yea....

 

 

IMG_4303 (Medium).JPG

 

Thank you 'Bo for shopping so early for the '18 Pilgrammage. Your generosity precedes you. And who said you are difficult to get along with !?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

SCORE!!!!!!!!

 

Where did you find them?

 

@rockhound eat your heart out!

Kind of a funny story about it....I placed an order with our semi-local, semi-decent wine and spirits shop about 2 months ago, and asked for 2 of the Weller 12, and 2 of the Weller Antique.  They called me this morning, and said that they had one bottle for me, they just got the delivery....I said OK, I'll be there in a flash.  So, I thought MAYBE our other spirits shop might have gotten a delivery also (even though I hadn't placed an order with them).  So I called them, and they said Yep, we're getting ready to put the single bottle on the shelf.....I said, oh no you don't...please hold it.  And they did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, richieb said:

 

Thank you 'Bo for shopping so early for the '18 Pilgrammage. Your generosity precedes you. And who said you are difficult to get along with !?

Carl seems cool; but, i’ll consider him legendary when he produces a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, richieb said:

 

Thank you 'Bo for shopping so early for the '18 Pilgrammage. Your generosity precedes you. And who said you are difficult to get along with !?

I believe I already have another bottle of the 12, and a bottle of the Antique, and they are saved for special occasions....such as Hope....

 

And, yea, who says I'm difficult to get along with, huh, huh?  I'm the nicest guy I know.....until I trip over your trailer hitch.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Carl seems cool; but, i’ll consider him legendary when he produces a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle.

How about a half gallon bottle of Weller 12?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Carl seems cool; but, i’ll consider him legendary when he produces a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle.

The place where I got one of the bottles is having an auction for charity in December, and they will have Pappy and Antique.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Kind of a funny story about it....

If you can sweet talk them into finding you a bottle of William Larue Weller, I'll gladly reimburse you for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

How about a half gallon bottle of Weller 12?

that’ll make you Super Cool; but, for Legendary -- it must be Pappy’s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jimjimbo said:

The place where I got one of the bottles is having an auction for charity in December, and they will have Pappy and Antique.....

I wouldn't want any part of an auction for that stuff.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigStewMan said:

that’ll make you Super Cool; but, for Legendary -- it must be Pappy’s.

I'll settle for super cool for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

The place where I got one of the bottles is having an auction for charity in December, and they will have Pappy and Antique.....

it will command a high price, i’m sure.   I’ve heard of a bottle of Pappy’s going for over two grand.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CECAA850 said:

I wouldn't want any part of an auction for that stuff.

It won't be cheap..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...