The Klipsch Audio Community
Brac

What I Got Today!

5 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

The ones you scored from Jim are in great condition, which make them sound even better.

Ah......synesthesia.

Recommendation....Bob makes a great crossover...but the 4 Velcro pieces SUCK....do yourself a favor and go to one of the big hardware stores.....buy the 2 inch by 4 inch industrial grade hook and loop (Velcro)...you won't be sorry.

Believe me ...if you don't you will be doing it later..

Enjoy the crossovers.

George

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, oldred said:

Recommendation....Bob makes a great crossover...but the 4 Velcro pieces SUCK....do yourself a favor and go to one of the big hardware stores.....buy the 2 inch by 4 inch industrial grade hook and loop (Velcro)...you won't be sorry.

Believe me ...if you don't you will be doing it later..

Enjoy the crossovers.

George

That's good advice.  I'll do that.

6 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

@CECAA850

Oh yea....

IMG_4303 (Medium).JPG

Thank you 'Bo for shopping so early for the '18 Pilgrammage. Your generosity precedes you. And who said you are difficult to get along with !?

6 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

SCORE!!!!!!!!

Where did you find them?

@rockhound eat your heart out!

Kind of a funny story about it....I placed an order with our semi-local, semi-decent wine and spirits shop about 2 months ago, and asked for 2 of the Weller 12, and 2 of the Weller Antique.  They called me this morning, and said that they had one bottle for me, they just got the delivery....I said OK, I'll be there in a flash.  So, I thought MAYBE our other spirits shop might have gotten a delivery also (even though I hadn't placed an order with them).  So I called them, and they said Yep, we're getting ready to put the single bottle on the shelf.....I said, oh no you don't...please hold it.  And they did.

3 minutes ago, richieb said:

Thank you 'Bo for shopping so early for the '18 Pilgrammage. Your generosity precedes you. And who said you are difficult to get along with !?

Carl seems cool; but, i’ll consider him legendary when he produces a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle.

6 minutes ago, richieb said:

I believe I already have another bottle of the 12, and a bottle of the Antique, and they are saved for special occasions....such as Hope....

And, yea, who says I'm difficult to get along with, huh, huh?  I'm the nicest guy I know.....until I trip over your trailer hitch.....

4 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

Carl seems cool; but, i’ll consider him legendary when he produces a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle.

How about a half gallon bottle of Weller 12?

5 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

The place where I got one of the bottles is having an auction for charity in December, and they will have Pappy and Antique.....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Kind of a funny story about it....

If you can sweet talk them into finding you a bottle of William Larue Weller, I'll gladly reimburse you for it.

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

How about a half gallon bottle of Weller 12?

that’ll make you Super Cool; but, for Legendary -- it must be Pappy’s.

Just now, jimjimbo said:

The place where I got one of the bottles is having an auction for charity in December, and they will have Pappy and Antique.....

I wouldn't want any part of an auction for that stuff.

• Like 1

Just now, BigStewMan said:

that’ll make you Super Cool; but, for Legendary -- it must be Pappy’s.

I'll settle for super cool for now.

1 minute ago, jimjimbo said:

it will command a high price, i’m sure.   I’ve heard of a bottle of Pappy’s going for over two grand.

• Like 1

Just now, CECAA850 said:

I wouldn't want any part of an auction for that stuff.

It won't be cheap..

• Like 1