What I Got Today!

Brac

• Moderators

What are you using now Tad's or something else ?

The Tads sounded a good bit better to me but I couldn't get past the price, stuck with the K69's myself.

Great deal

Edited by dtel

Friday I found a nice pair of Heresys on CL but was told by the seller that the response he received was overwhelming so he was upping the price. I said "good luck with your sale" and went on my way. Yesterday I found another pair but they weren't in the same condition. But they were less than half the cost of the previous pair. I think they'll be a good "starter set" for me to get my feet wet on.F6738BFC-B2D6-4335-A863-5AE52956BD1D.jpg922F7052-ABF4-4A99-80C9-C888DF5CB500.jpg

Looks like a nice pair of Heresy I's from 1984. Glad you did not deal with the first seller.

Welcome to the Forum!

Looks like a nice pair of Heresy I's from 1984. Glad you did not deal with the first seller.

Welcome to the Forum!

Thanks for the info. I was having a little trouble deciphering the S/N.

The original CL ad had other things listed but the one thing that caught my eye was “Klipsch box speakers - $250 pair”. I wasn't in the market for a pair of Heresys but at that price how could you not be?!?! The seller didn't say he was upping the price but rather that he was “reevaluating his listing” which is pretty much the same thing.

Saturday afternoon I accepted that I wouldn't get those speakers. Out of the blue I searched another site and found another pair of Heresys. After a few PM’s, one text message, one phone call, driving six miles (round trip), and paying less than 1/2 of the initial listing price of the first pair, they were mine!!

Welcome and congrats on the speaker find. Saints? I've always been a Brees fan.

Yeah, we're kind of fond of him around here as well. ;)

• Like 2

I just ordered my Hobbit shirt, didn't even realized they where available. Talk about killing me in shipping.

It's not as much as stated:

Quantity Product Item# Single price Discount Total Price

1.00 x Men's Retro Hobbit Tee - Size XL 21000165 $ 16.99 - $ 16.99

1.00 x Men's Heritage Tee- Size XL 21000159 $ 16.99 - $ 16.99

Subtotal: $ 33.98

UPS Ground Commercial Address: $ 8.99

Total: $ 42.97

Says commercial address but shipped to my house. Maybe that's why the lower shipping?

Edited by Tasdom

Welcome to the Forum!

The original CL ad had other things listed but the one thing that caught my eye was “Klipsch box speakers - $250 pair”. I wasn't in the market for a pair of Heresys but at that price how could you not be?!?! The seller didn't say he was upping the price but rather that he was “reevaluating his listing” which is pretty much the same thing.

Saturday afternoon I accepted that I wouldn't get those speakers. Out of the blue I searched another site and found another pair of Heresys. After a few PM’s, one text message, one phone call, driving six miles (round trip), and paying less than 1/2 of the initial listing price of the first pair, they were mine!!

Oh, yes & PICs, or it didn't happen!!!

• Moderators

Welcome to the Forum!

Oh, yes & PICs, or it didn't happen!!!

On a similar subject...........Sure did happen and it was a miracle :o

post-9700-0-00720000-1405478992_thumb.jp

• Like 1

A buddy of mine was clearing out his garage yesterday...this was his gift to me. Sony PS4300 (circa 76) in what can only be described as mint condition, nary a mark on it, with a dust cover that is so clean it's nearly invisible...And yes that is a V15iii on the original Sony headshell, weighs in at over 20lbs. How does it perform?...Well it ticks all the boxes for me, I've been listening to it for the whole day, and nothing is telling me to turn it off...How's that for a review!.... ;)

post-18926-0-23320000-1405527708_thumb.j post-18926-0-79680000-1405528711_thumb.j

• Like 4

A buddy of mine was clearing out his garage yesterday...this was his gift to me. Sony PS4300 (circa 76) in what can only be described as mint condition, nary a mark on it, with a dust cover that is so clean it's nearly invisible...And yes that is a V15iii on the original Sony headshell, weighs in at over 20lbs. How does it perform?...Well it ticks all the boxes for me, I've been listening to it for the whole day, and nothing is telling me to turn it off...How's that for a review!.... ;)

attachicon.gifDSC01949_edited-1.jpg attachicon.gifDSC01947_edited-1.jpg

Excellant score, pull a few items, and inspect all rubber, that really is the only thing that rots out on these things.

• Like 2

attachicon.gifDSC01949_edited-1.jpg attachicon.gifDSC01947_edited-1.jpg

Very nice indeed....

Thanks guys, I don't know how this T/T ranked back in the day, there is very little info on-line for it. I'm sitting out on my deck with it playing thru my hk630 Twin and RB5's, listening to a variety of classical music, really enjoying what I'm hearing. Maybe it would sound better with a newer stylus (original 76 according to my pal) but for the moment I will just enjoy. I think this is not a deck to be passed-up if you come across one at the right price, I would happily shell out $150 for a t/t like this.

• CECAA850 changed the title to What I Got Today!